Do you stock up?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by sdjaxson • Aug 4, 2012.

1. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I was wondering how many moms stock up on items such as Walmart's 25 cents crayons, cheap comp books & paper etc? We stock up on the colored pencils they have for next to nothing and paper? I get enough to last us all year! I stock up on the 25 cent crayons to to use in Operation Christmas Child.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I do stock up at the school supply sales for my kid, and for charitable donations like a drive my local supermarket is having for school supplies for underprivileged kids. They also have sales on pens and white out so I buy those items for my desk.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I've stocked up on notebooks and paper and I still have a lot of those notebooks and packs of paper. So, it's something that I would probably be a little more conservative with the next go round. I think as more people become dependent on their computers, they are less likely to keep writing as much stuff out as they would before. Between simply using their devices and wanting to feel like they are being green, they don't write as much.

4. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    When my kids were in school I would start buying the school supplies as soon as they came out at Walmart. They were so cheap and you could buy the spiral notebooks for 10 cent a piece if I remember correctly. I would also stock up on the pens, pencils, red pens an folders. We use to get a list at the end of the school year. I am sure that those prices are gone now seeing this was at least 10 years ago. Walmart use to be my favorite store for getting stuff for school and the kids.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    No, there are stores that still have them that dirt cheap. I've been in there grabbing a few when they were. Stores from Target to Office Depot will have those kinds of sales. Fortunately, more than one store has these kind of sales as offices are also using this time of the year to stock their business.

6. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    I try to stock up on anything I can as long as I have the funds and I'm sure I have a place to store whatever it is I'm stock piling.

7. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I do stock up on certain school supplies, especially the ones I know that we will use the most! We use these items at home quite often too. I am finding out that I should probably stock up on bookbags too the way my kids are rough on them!

8. Terri

TerriMember

Threads:
    I most definitely stock up on school supplies. It's important to have just a little over what the child may need, because kids these days (eh, not too different from older generations) may break their pencils, crayons, or markers, so backups are excellent. Walmart has some excellent deals for back to school shopping. I'd go in that darn store for some notebooks and come out with close to $30 in school supplies. Lol I remember when I was growing up, sometimes I wasn't able to get school supplies (or clothes, for that matter)... I want to make sure my children don't ever have to experience that feeling. So yesh, I'll certainly always stock up. Mmhm. *nods* :)

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh I absolutely do. I bought so much over the last couple years that I didn't really even need to buy anything at the start of this year. I did anyway, though, because you never know when you're going to need more. We sometimes package them as gifts, too, so it's a nice addition to little gift baskets.

10. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I always have a cupboard FULL of stationary! If I don't need paper and pens for my business - my kids are always sniffing around looking for drawing paper and pencils. They are always dirt cheap here in the £1 store and you can get some really nice pen/pencil sets - so yeah I stock up. Come September and the new school year everything gets reduced further and I stock up again! :)