Do you take advantage of day after sales on holiday items?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by DDavies • Apr 20, 2014.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won't usually go to the mall after a holiday just to look for a sale, but if I happen to be at the mall at that certain day, then for sure I will take advantage of that sale when I see an item that I like. I usually want to have some savings after the initial holiday spending, so I won't really go out of my way to look for a sale.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do hit the after holiday sales, but I still exercise some restraint because I don't have a ton of storage space.
    I buy things on sale, but make sure I need them , like pick up gift wrap if I'm almost out, not if I have 10 rolls.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, but only those that I will have a benefit from. I mean I wouldn't buy something just because they are cheap. I wouldn't spend money just because on something I wouldn't have use to. It's important that it's necessary and advantageous.

4. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Chocolate is much cheaper after Christmas (and after Valentines and Easter)! So I like to take advantage of THAT! Otherwise, I don't like the Boxing Day craze, and unless I had something special in mind, I would not go looking for discounted items. If I see something on my normal shopping trips, that's different though!

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This is actually one of the types of sales that I really favor and definitely take advantage of. I love shopping in January after all the Christmas rush is over and there are lots of items left being sold on sale for even lesser price than I would have gotten during the holiday season. The downside is that the items are usually a bit worn from many people sampling it but often you can find items in good enough condition to justify the purchase and even then the price is so cheap that you usually so find it to be worth the purchase already.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, sometimes I do. I used to like to get Christmas oranments and Christmas things half price after the holidays, but actually that has led me to having a lot more ornaments than I need. I do like to wait until January though when alot of coats and winter apparel goes on sale.

7. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I always take advantage of the after sale items. I usually stock up for the following year. You can get such cute decorations for up to 90% off in some cases. I also buy a lot of high quality gift wrap, boxes and ribbon so I am all set for the next year. It sometimes is a pain to store it but when the following holiday season comes around I am so glad I did. I am looking forward to cleaning out some of my older holiday decorations this year and stocking up for next year after the holidays.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No is my answer, I don't remember taking advantage of the after-holiday sales although maybe I had but not really aware of it. After the holidays, my mind and body would surely be tired and the usual activity for us it to take a rest at home and finish the leftover food. Remember, when we go out, we would be eating in restaurants and the leftover food would just spoil. But when I need some items perhaps I can avail of the clearance sale after the holidays.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am looking forward to the after holiday sales this year. I need to purchase a lot of clothes and household goods at the best price possible. I wish I could wait until the end of the year to purchase my new computer but I need it now.