Do You Take Free Samples At Stores?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by thisnthat • Mar 8, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for asking, in fact not many stores ask for free samples back in our country but only a few big companies give freebies during roadside surveys or in stores. Incidentally, I was offered a can of 350 ml beer of Cooper's by the store salesman when I bought a bottle of wine. He simply asked me if I drink beer and getting an affirmative answer he offered me a can which was part of promotional of Australian Open Tennis and I saw no reason to refuse. However, I generally do not accept offers for free samples distributed by companies on the roadside which is common in Australia.

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I take most free samples offered at stores, too. The groceries here offer free food samples during weekends featuring one or two products and we often line up to have a free taste. These samples are usually from well known brands which are conducting a marketing campaign for featured products. I only take them if they're actually free and not tied up to any purchase. As for non-food items, I see more of them in the area where I work and less in the grocery. One time, I got 12 sachets of shampoo in three variants and a few sachets of deodorant.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm offered free samples of items at the stores I'll be glad to receive them in a way that can help save on other pressing items I need buy. Before any store would decide to dole out free stuffs I want to believe they have made reasonable profit from the items and again such products maybe nearing expire date. Some of the free items offered at these mega stores should be examined critically before consumption in my view.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I take free samples but I try not to take more than my fair share. I will take one or two at the most. I think free samples are a great way to try new products. I think it is great to be able to do that.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon You don't get them at stores only but some newspapers send the attached and some famous companies go door to door to distribute them besides certain companies conduct surveys and distribute them generously with no obligation. I am also a reluctant one when it comes to taking them in markets/stores that I avoid most of the time getting out of the way without looking at them.

#25Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017