Do You Think Car Dealers Will Be Around In The Future ?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by FolkArtist • Sep 30, 2017.

1. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Some people are predicting that car dealerships will become extinct in the future-as close as 2025. The young people are not buying cars as much and they say maybe the electric cars could take over as well. Also you have so many ways of getting around today,like the older ways that include the bus but also you have Uber and Lyft as well. The online way of buying a car comes into the picture as well- like the websites, Carvana and Carlypso sites to name a few. What do you think the the future of cars will be?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Car dealers will be around forever for people will buy cars from them. I won't ever go on Uber, I prefer and trust taxis or the bus. I don't have a car, and a license, which I regret, but I thought I'd never need it as I age. Wrong! Anyway, I believe that there will always be car dealers, for people will always buy brand new cars. Businesses will need trucks and cars for their businesses, people who love to go places with their cars will always buy one, so car dealers will always be here with us. Though we have busses, taxis, uber today, people still buy cars too.

3. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I can categorically say that car dealers aren't going anywhere till the end of the because as much as there is avalanche of technological innovation and advancements, we still have the old manual techs still in use today.

So therefore, the same thing is applicable with cars. Future cars will definitely come there is no arguing that but it's existence doesn't mean that old ones would go extinct. They will still definitely be around and put into use by some who wouldn't afford the future ones and also by those who are pure old school.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    This one website was saying Chinese, Americans, and Brazilians were more interested in buying online by a whopping 75 percent. ;) However, western Europeans, though, were less enthusiastic. Anyway, as far as the first nations mentioned are concerned possibly the poster above is correct in saying car dealerships are on the way out. However, would that save people money? Also, what about car salesman jobs?

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Car dealers are into washing, cleaning and spare part repairs too. So they are going to be around. And they are going to be more or less dealing with the electric cars. And that's something we have to consider as well. I think modern car dealers take time to establish. And this is something we really have to consider for better future. I think it does take time for things to change completely though. So dealers will be around.

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Car dealers exist from a long time and I think they will exist for a long time from now on as well. Maybe the electric cars will gain territory but the cars we have now will not disappear because there are higher interest from the gasoline firms, oil companies, and the Orient.....who will they sell their oil, gasoline, and gas if all the cars will be electric?

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I cannot imagine a world without cars and without car dealers or showroom centers. The car is a basic commodity and unless the public mass transport system is perfect then the cars are here to stay. There is no reason for car dealers to be extinct because manufacturers depend on the dealers for the sales. And even with future cars like the Tesla electric cars or even the solar cars, they will definitely need the car dealers for that.

8. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Things will change as time goes on but soon we will be getting fully automated cars and someone has to sell those. There is already a plan to bring a trial to UK roads next year by running fully automated lorries along our motorways. I'm actually very excited about these cars although I don't know if I will ever be able to afford one.