Do You Use Olive Oil ?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by FolkArtist • May 21, 2017.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes we use olive oil whenever we're experimenting various dishes. Food cooked with olive oil seemed to be tastier than those that are cooked using regular cooking oil. My hubby cooks his eggs with olives and they taste delicious! But we're also saving it for special dishes or since olive oil is a bit expensive compared to vegetable oil.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do use olive oil, but you have to be careful of the brand you buy. Too many of them are knock off products that may be inexpensive but are not real olive oil products. Check the brand you want to buy first to find out if it is authentic. This is the way to get the sort of product you are looking for.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Olive oil is only good for salads and maybe some Italian dishes but I prefer grape seed oil when it comes to cooking. It doesn't taste like perfume, It is low in calories but can be used for deep frying.

4. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    Olive oil is a little more expensive than other oils, but I think it's better to view it as an investment in one's health. You cannot put a price on a healthy heart and body and so I always try to eat as healthy as possible. You would be surprised at what a difference changing something so seemingly small in your diet can have on your overall health over time.

5. Jora

JoraNew Member

Threads:
    Olive oil is something that I know is super healthy but I've never really considered using it in my meals because it is so much more expensive than the regular oil that is sold at our local shops. I try to use other healthy alternatives in salad dressing like vinegar or lemon.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Since this topic will not die despite of no product brand is being reviewed, I will post something useful. Pompeian Olive oil have discount coupons for their products:

It is only 1 dollar off but a discount is a discount.

7. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Olive oil is very expensive here and I do not feel the need to replace my ever dependent sunflower oil. The Fortune brand is good. It is light. It has no cholesterol. When something much cheaper works for us I do not see any reason to replace it with olive oil. Some go for coconut oil which is also supposed to be good. Coconuts are grown here and so the price of oil is within reach.

8. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I always use olive oil on my food because it has so many health benefits of using it. It contains fats that is great for the heart. It also contains antioxidants which helps lower the damaging radicals in the body. I use olive oil as a salad dressing and as a sauce for meat and fish.

9. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I love olive oil but I do not use it to cook though. I use it on my skin and I love how it feels especially during the dry season. I also use the oil on my hair too alongside shear butter and it works well for me.

Most people I know use olive oil to cook. They say it healthier than other cooking oils but I personally find it expensive to use while cooking.

10. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Olive oil is quite good but its expensive compared to many other alternatives which are quite good. We use corn and sunflower oil due to abundance of there crops where I come from. People are gradually moving away from hydrogenated fats though its less expensive.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Olive oil is little more expensive in India but in Australia where I live for some time every year is almost at par. However, I use olive oil as it's superior to other edible oils like mustered, soy and vegetable. Doctors suggest it for heart patients for its medicinal values especially for heart patients..

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Few things can beat a good and simple pasta with olive oil, parsley and cheese for me. The olive oil does matter though of course, but yes I use it quite often for this and just for cooking in general. It is getting more expensive though which is a bummer.

13. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I use olive oil in only certain dishes such as pastas, salads, pizza etc. But for my every day cooking, our staple Indian dishes, I use sunflower seed oil alternating it with groundnut oil. Sometimes, during winter season, I use sesame oil too. Changing oil frequently is rather interesting as the surprise taste factor keeps everyone interested in everyday without making it boring.

14. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Only occasionally, since it is more expensive than sunflower oil. I mostly use that, but I do use olive oil where I think its appropriate and with certain foods, like fish which I think tastes better when cooked/fried in olive oil. I've been thinking though of buying olive oil exclusively since I heard that it is much healthier when compared to sunflower oil.