Do You Use The 'save My Card' Feature?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Theo • Jun 5, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely use this feature on websites because it does allow hackers and others to buy things on your account. Also if you have a subscription service, they force you to keep your card details on account, but assure you they are safe. This is so when it's time to renew, they can debit it quickly, or as they say with little disruption to your subscription.

Isn't is safer not to 'save' your card details? Can you trust them? I used to use Vistaprint, but no longer use them as they used my card details to pay for an order when a voucher I used (Groupon) they decided wasn't valid. As I had never entered my card details or stored them I asked how they got the information, and htey said they used the details from a previous order which was illegal. The result was my card company said it was an unauthorized transaction as they accessed and used my details without permission, and I got a refund.

The point is, even if you don't 'save' the details, they can still access the card details and use them.

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    No, my preference is to use sights who will accept Paypal. I have used sights that accept my card but it is very rare. I usually make sure the sight is https:// (sometimes it just has http and that is not as safe). And I never use a public computer with my card, only my private one. But even that is not safe. I made the mistake once of ordering a teeth whitening kit and they hacked my account and charged 100s of dollars every month. Thankfully they had already been reported on by the bank and so they didn't cancel my credit card account. But they did say that if I continued to have problems, I could be considered a risk and could be possibly cancelled.