Do you use your mobile phone for your home phone?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by [email protected]May 18, 2012.

1. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I used to just use my cell phone, but I have a home phone now. It was cheap as a part of a bundled package with my Internet service, and my cell phone doesn't get the best reception at my house anyway, so it was worth it for me. I went for years without a home phone, though, and my dad doesn't have one at his house either.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Currently we do and I find it convenient enough but my husband is pushing for a home phone as well once we move into our new apartment in August.

3. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    Since I still live my parents, they do have a landline. However, whenever I move out of the house and get my own apartment I'm definitely thinking of not purchasing a home phone since I don't think that I'll really need it. Why get a landline when I already have a cell phone that you can contact me on?

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had a home phone line for more than 11 years, which is as the same years I have been using my mobile phone as my primary phone. I think having a mobile phone is rather convenient because there aren't many people call me, plus I can use my mobile phone for both work and home.

5. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had a land-line phone in years. If you want to save money, that's the easiest way to do so. You just have to make sure you remember to pay your cell phone bill because if you forget, you'll be completely without a phone. The only downside to this is you won't be able to have multiple phones around your house like you would with a land line phone number. So, if you have a big house, you will have to take your cell everywhere with you. Otherwise, you will miss calls or you will find yourself dashing around like a madman. But be careful of dashing... If you break your leg, you'll forgo the savings. ;)

6. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    We don't use mobile phones to replace our home phone. There is a landline service in our home that is worth paying extra for as it always works. We would never just use a mobile phone because you need to constantly charge them.