Do You Volunteer?

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by remnant • Apr 12, 2016.

1. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    My friends and I setup at least once a year a community project that promotes outreach programs in local government units. It's kind of hard to organize but if you have the proper funding and people, everything is easy. I've done volunteer work with the Red Cross as well but recently, I'm not able to do it anymore because of my hectic schedules but the first week of December, we'll have our Company Sharing Outreach program for kids with Cancer, I wish that the immersion and the activity would work well despite the lack of budget.

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    When I was in High school I volunteered in the after school program called boys and girls club. I noticed that many kids there needed a parent figure there since they rarely spent time with their parents. I had to feed them, help them with their homework, and play fun activities with them. I loved the experience and the fact that I made the kids day happier, really learned a lot.

3. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I always volunteer in community service and helping the needy. Every year we hold a cleaning function in our country where we go around cleaning out towns. I always participate in this activity. I also join my friends in visiting those in the hospitals or generally remembering the disadvantaged especially during this Christmas holiday.

4. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm asked to and I can then I will do it. My high school made it mandatory for five years so you get used to it after a while. It feels good to help others so I am not bothered by it and it's always usually a choice.

5. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a student I used to spend a great deal in volunteering, however, after I finished college and university and started working, I have stopped volunteering. This is not because I don't support the charitable causes, it is because I am so busy and I don't have time.

6. bomb2060

bomb2060Member

Threads:
    Sure. It's important to contribute to charity regularly or at least participate in a charitable activity monthly.

After deduction of my tithe, I normally join my neighbourhood home for orphans to spend a weekend with them. We play game, eat together. The experience is satisfying.

Find a course to volunteer monthly and do it consistently. It's not always about making money. Think of the less fortunate.

7. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I volunteer in a nearby charitable trust which helps in serving food for the poor. I go there every weekend and in my free time. Serving the poor gives a sense of happiness and satisfaction and also I feel responsible towards saving money for them too.

8. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    Volunteering is great, you get to help others and get benefits along the way. I volunteer at a local children's hospital. They need as much help as they can get to take care of the kids and make them happy during their stay. My favorite are special holidays. We dress up, get the kids involved, do small plays for them. It's fun, and seeing them happy is the biggest pay off for me.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I like volunteering sometimes to help meet the needs of others at no charge of services rendered from my side. It gives me a sense of fulfillment in that those benefiting from my free service are genuinely helped and will always respect for me for that magnanimity. At some other times it adds up in building my experience at different jobs or activities.

10. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I do volunteer a lot when I find a good cause. I offer to raise money for those in need or to work in a hospital with the orphan kids when they need an adult near them, for example for the Christmas, or Esateror even their birthdays. Nothing compares to the joy on a child's face when he sees that someone comes to visit and brings a gift too!