Do You Wash Your Car Or Pay To Have It Done?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Diane Lane • Dec 18, 2015.

1. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely use the car so it doesn't need frequent washing at all. I usually wash the car myself and it doesn't really take a lot of time. I get to save a lot by doing so as car washes don't come cheap here. Sometimes I'd have it washed along with our passenger jeepney but this is not that frequent as the driver himself usually does the daily washing himself. Back when I was a kid, my siblings and I used to earn money from our dad for washing the family car. In a few years time, my son may also want to earn extra money this way and I would let him.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do most of the washing of our car. Aside from saving money, I have peace of mind. When I used to bring our car to the car wash, I chanced upon one car washing attendant stepping on the seat of the driver so he could reach the center of the roof. He didn’t know that I was there. Aha, so that’s what they do when the car owner is not around. That was the last that I brought my car to the car wash, never again. And normally, my wife helps me in washing the car since it also serves as a good exercise for us.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Here is not that expensive to wash a car, it costs around 5 dollars and I usually get my car to be washed. Still, when I do have a lot of spare time I wash my car at home since I live in a house with a big yard. I don't know if I save money in this way but I wash the car alone sometimes!

4. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    As for us, we have a borehole, and a tank to harvest rain water. As a result, we find it convenient to wash our car. This helps save money and also safety. However, sometimes when it rains cats and dogs, the roads get muddy in a manner dirtifying the car, that it would require intensive labour to clean.

In such cases, we are forced to take it to a carwash. If we do, just like you, we have it hand washed.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I always like to wash my car because besides being fun (because I always wash it with my parents) it makes me save some money. I can't even remember when it was the last time I used the services of a car wash.