Do your kids download apps onto your phone?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by True2marie • May 4, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I allow mine too (on occasion) as a treat. Usually, they want a game. The catch: they have to delete old games they no longer play. Otherwise, my phone would be loaded up with games that take up too much storage.

unnamed.
    ASPHALT 8 IS THE LATEST BIG DEAL.

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    My nieces and nephews like playing on my phone and I have a strict policy that they must not download anything, if they want to play a specific game then they are to show it to me and I'll decide if it gets downloaded (IE, if it is free). I actually sulked with one of my nieces once when she played any app and gambled away all the coins I had saved for months! She gambled them away in ONE GAME. :eek:

3. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    My kids always messing around with my phone. Whenever they do I'm not sure what's gonna happen. Sometimes I find programs missing sometimes I find contacts missing or I find that the been browsing on the web and have chewed up some of my megabytes. Every once in a while I do find a few apps that I do not recognize that have been placed on to my phone. What I have started to do is to put a password on my phone and so when they do want the phone they have to ask permission for me and I'm able to monitor better how they use the phone.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't let children download games onto my smartphone without being right there when it happens. Too many apps want to access too much personal information and other features on the phone that aren't necessary. I want to keep my info secure, so I don't want a child downloading whatever pretty game or app suits their fancy, unless I'm right their checking the permissions given to that particular app. It's a safety and security issue for me.