Does A Garage Or Carport Save Money?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Jason76 • Apr 21, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    They can cost a lot of money and that's one huge deterrent to many people owning one. Nonetheless, would the repairs from car damage from unprotected vehicles be more? Does the garage or carport really protect a vehicle from costly damage? Also, if you live in a colder climate, then would the savings in time amount to a lot of money? Note, you wouldn't have to unfreeze your windshield and if you had a garage, you wouldn't need to warm your engine up.

Anyway, it's my opinion that garages and carports save people a lot of money in certain areas. However, though, it might be highly expensive to buy one or buy a house with those things already built in.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Before I had my own car, I remember an uncle telling us that we should have a garage when we buy a car if we want our car’s paint to have a longer life. When exposed to the elements, such as the heat of the sun and the cold rains, the car’s paint loses its luster and in rough estimates, you save a year or two of your car paint’s good condition. We are lucky to have bought a house with a garage that is good for one car. But 4 years ago, when we bought our second car, we took the time to have a roof for the second car. A portable gazeebo solved our problem. After 4 years, that gazeebo is still okay although it is already showing some wear and tear. And aside from the preservation of the paint, it is a big savings on car wash because we wash the car only once a week in normal times.

3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Having a carport or garage would probably allow for some type of cost savings. The carport would eliminate the effect from the dew drops on the exterior of the car which would compromise the pain on the vehicle and make the vehicle unattractive, hence, a paint job would be need as a result. A garage would protect the vehicle from theft and also the effects from the dew. A vehicle that would have had to be parked on the street could be prone to hit on rum damage which would leave the customer to foot a repair bill that he had no idea of who or what had caused the damage.