Does Rain Make you Depressed?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by aimeep80 • Oct 15, 2014.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    We get a lot of rain in the UK, sometimes for weeks making it cold and damp. Although I can see a point raised here to stop whinging about it as some people have to walk miles just to get a pot of water, there are people here who lose their homes and everything they possess through serious flooding, some even lose their lives. Others move to warmer climates like Spain to avoid the arthritis and other health related illness brought on by the damp.

2. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Not really, in fact rain actually helps me feel relaxed and at ease for some reason. When I was little it would always make me uneasy and scarred. This was mainly due to the lightening and thunder that followed behind. However, growing up I got use to it. It makes it easy for me to sleep even when lightening is going on.

3. Bluestar

BluestarNew Member

Threads:
    I like rain.I like the sound of rain.I even love thunderstorms.In the morning today,there was promise of rain ,with dark clouds and not much sunlight.But then the dark clouds disappeared and the sun came out.No rain.:(.
    So now I am hoping it will rain tomorrow.

4. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, rain is depressing me a lot, sometimes I need to sleep for a few hours if outside is raining, I simply cannot keep my eyes open on such a weather. I like the sunny and warm days in the summer and I hate when autumn comes and the season of rain starts here!

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Our country the Philippines has a rainy season. Heavy rains couldn't be controlled. Worse the lowlands are over flooded with water.

Going back to the discussion that rain could make you feel depressed that it should be in a case basis. If you're working and there's a heavy rains, of course, you couldn't report to work and daily wage is affected. That would make you worry. Or you've an appointment or date. It's but natural that you feel frustrated if you couldn't make it.

But children are happy when it's raining. They couldn't go to school. They could play under the rain.

6. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    On the contrary, I love the rain. It really inspires me and takes me to a zone where I need to be. I love the little droplet sounds when the rain is over, I love the smell of the air and the color of the sky. It is all so refreshing that I want it to rain everyday all-day.

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like the rain and it has a nice contrast to a sunny day as well,but I can see that the lack of light after days of rain could be a problem for some people-and sometimes highly sensitive people are bothered by these rainy days. I could see though if you have to get around in rainy weather also,you might have to deal with wet roads and puddles of water which can be a pain sometimes if you have to drive or walk and get somewhere in it. To me though the rain brings a nice smell and aroma to the ground and flowers-but I would say its how you handle the rain situation which can have its pros and cons though.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I love rain especially the sound of rain which has kind of magical effect on me. I also love the first smell of rain which is an entirely experience when the first showers touche the earth. I always sleep better when it rains hearing the sound of water falling on roof and tees in my surrounding areas. It would be interesting to note that scientists have worked on sound of rain and developed an instrument with sound of rain that helps people who feel difficulty in sleeping.

9. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    It adds up to the mood cause rain makes the the ambiance of your environment more gloomy but definitely rain alone can't make you sad, but definitely can be a trigger.

10. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    Rain is a necessity for every living creature. We all need rain but in a limited amount. During the summer we wish the rain to come sooner. When the first drops of rain fall on the earth after a hot summer, everybody rejoices. But continuous rainfall for days on ends is depressing. If I rains for more than 6-8 hours continuously, then I feel depressed. Cloudy skies and rain for a long time makes me feel depressed.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe it is so where it rains a lot in countries like England. I have heard people saying they wish to settle in other countries where it rains lesser and they wish to enjoy sunny weather. However where it doesn't rain as much or rains only in specific season people wait for it. I am originally from India with 4 weathers and I love when it rains. It certainly does good for my mood but as they say excess of everything is bad.

12. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I live in a tropical country and rather than being a introducer of depresdion, it can a form of welcome relief. On numerous occasions, you will hear people saying that the hope or wish that the rains would come to suppress the debilitating heat. Therefore, I mostly welcome the rain as long as it's not an extremely adverse weather conditions.

13. Rexy

RexyMember

Threads:
    Actually, it does make me sleepy and bored like @Misslisa@Misslisa said, and possibly a little depressed. I also tend to stay in bed and just chill with Netflix. Not so much depressed, but it just makes me want to stay inside :p

14. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    Rain makes me calm and it also relaxing
    I don't know why rain has some positive effect on myself. I actually love rain than the sunshine.

15. sandrajames

sandrajamesNew Member

Threads:
    All things considered, our feelings or state of mind rather, is influenced by our environment. Envision sitting in a dull room. A few people may think that its soothing while some may feel exceptionally uneasy and discouraged. So also the miserable climate and the dark skies, the dreary looking structures and trees may trigger a dull and tragic inclination.

16. fisham

fishamNew Member

Threads:
    Well where I live it doesn't rain oftenly hence whenever it rains, it brings happiness.

17. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Rain, rain, and rain, Yeah it really makes me feel a little bit sad and I prefer better weather than this. Especially Rain in Winters.