Does Your Cable Tv Provider Give You Discount Movie Coupons?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Diane Lane • Jun 1, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have AT&T (yes, still), and they give several coupons per month for specific movies. The deal is usually 50% off the cost of Video On Demand charges, and the credit sometimes takes up to 2 months to show up on your account.

The coupons are usually not for movies I am planning on watching, so usually don't use them, but I have redeemed them a time or two. I also tend to stream from Amazon Instant Video instead, because it's almost always cheaper than the AT&T Video On Demand price.

But, if you do have AT&T, and aren't aware, I wanted to let you know that you can check for the coupons by logging onto your account, if you don't see them in your email inbox. A friend wasn't aware of the coupons, so I wanted to share, in case this could benefit anyone here.

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I'm one of those persons who wasn`t aware of those coupons until today that I'm reading your thread.

In fact I haven't read it before because I'm not longer very enthusiast to watch TV as I used to watch it before, but with summertime here, I think these discount movie coupons are coming handy.

Thanks a ton for the tip :)

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, they have at times, but I never use them. You have to have your TV hooked up to some kind of internet service or have a regular phone line in order to order movies and I have neither hooked up to my television so I don't think that would work for me. Being in the boonies, is a major drawback for technology in general.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The most I got as a bonus to our cable subscription is the ability to sign up for certain apps that stream movies and tv shows on my laptop and mobile devices. Other than that I think they give some promos where you could join in and maybe get some free tickets to local movies but that's about it. I do take advantage of using the account to sign up for apps though because I get a lot of free movies at home that way, and the only downside is that most of the selection is limited and maybe a bit dated, but it's also a good way of discovering many obscure titles which I value a lot more since popular movies are easy to track down anyway.

5. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    Although quite unexpected given the geographical area I currently reside in, I do get some discounts from time to time, although not only movies, but also for phones and tablets. But preponderantly, it all surrounds movies.

To be completely honest with you, this doesn't have much influence on me at all. I prefer paying less for the service than getting coupons over coupons for stuff I'm never going to buy. And if I bought it in the end, I would not use the respective thing at all.

6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Our cable TV does not give movie coupons, however, it has a feature that let us watch new and old movies for the entire month by paying additional $2 per month. The cable TV has its own movie channel that is available for premium membership. However, I have not subscribed to this plan.

7. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Right now I am going to go ahead a summer that my cable company does not offer anything outside of its normal service at its already high rates, which is why I no longer have their services. Discounts are just not enough, in my opinion, to persuade me to keep a service that I am paying way too much for. It is hard to consider little add-ons like this when the original costs are high, but maybe it is just me. Thanks for sharing.