Dollar General - Big Weekend Sales

Discussion in Misc & Others started by thisnthat • Oct 3, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Check stores in your area for "in store" (or outside too) sales on the weekend. You have to actually go there to find the deals, but you might just find some huge savings. For the past few weeks, the stores near us have been having been clearance sales that last only over the weekend.

Some items were 70% and then you could also get an additional discount off the price marked during the two day sale. I got some great deals on baby clothes for gifts. Cute stuff too that was normally $10 or more but ended up being a little over a dollar when all the discounts went through. Check it out.

2. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I will definitely have to look more into it. Dollar General sales some pretty good merchandise there at good enough prices so going there on a sales weekend will definitely help out a lot of people. It has been a good while since I visited there so I will have to keep my eyes peeled for them.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dollar General does have some good sales, and you can download e-coupons from their website. The main issue that I have with the store is that their coupons are only good for one week, and you have to remember to load up new ones every Sunday when the new coupons come out.
    if a person shopped there on a regular basis, that would not be a problem; but usually it is an impulse stop for us, so the coupons are never up to date for that week.
    We do find some good closeouts on items though, and especially the ‘end of season” specials, like on gardening and summer clothes once fall arrives.
    Some of their prices are outrageously high though. As an example, a pint of cottage cheese, which is about $2 at the grocery store , sells for around $3.50 at the dollar store. A person just has to be careful what they buy at Dollar General, and look for the sales.

4. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    That's very true. Some of their prices are just silly. I guess some people grab stuff out of convenience, but I'll head to another nearby store. I only buy stuff that's a good value.

They do have great seasonal and post holiday sales. The trick is getting there before everything is gone. They mark it down more and more each week, so by the last week when everything is super cheap, it can get picked over. I have found some great bargains though, so I'll keep looking there from time to time.