Dollar Store Easter Trinkets

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Nanatracyann • Mar 28, 2012.

1. Nanatracyann

NanatracyannNew Member

Threads:
    I have a local 'Dollar Tree' store and they have some really great gifts for Easter baskets for your children and grandchildren. To my surprise they also carry candy! Same candy you see in grocery stores and retail stores, for much less..just a Dollar, each....I think if you are looking to not spend to much money on Easter items and cute little basket trinkets and treats, you should check out your local dollar store. A very Happy and Blessed Easter to all.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We used to have lots of dollar stores in our area and now we are down to two. They are a such great place to get Christmas items and stocking stuffers, too. When my kids were little we used to call it "The Present Store". The kids seemed to get invited to birthday parties so much that I started giving them $5 to go and pick out 5 items from the dolllar (aka present) store for their friend. They had fun picking out more than one present and the friends always liked what they got, too.

3. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    Great idea nanatracyann! I have found that you can get them so much more from stores like that than you can from anyplace else and it lasts just as long! Kids are so hard on toys and stuff that I have a hard time spending a lot of money on expensive toys that are just going to get thrown, dropped, kicked and run over! I have also been able to find pretty neat Easter baskets from the dollar stores in the past. You don't have to spend a ton of money on expensive baskets that they are just going to throw aside anyways!

4. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    I am going tomorrow to check these out. I was going to go anyways, but now I will definitely look for these. My kids are so excited about Easter and we are struggling for money right now, so this will make them very happy. It will also make my wallet happy too! Thanks so much for posting this.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    In the UK, the equivalent to dollar stores are pound shops. The bigest and best chain is Poundland. Everything in the store is £1, and some items are 2 for £1. At Christmas, they were selling 200g boxes of After Eight mints at 3 for £2. I'm not in the UK at the moment, but my son, who has two young daughters and is always short of cash, tells me they have some excellent Easter chocolates and gifts, and the quality is very good.

6. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    Dollar stores are great for finding gifts for special occasions like Easter. I find a lot of little treasures to give as gifts. You cannot hesitate, though, if you see something you like. I found that out the hard way. If you see it, get it. Do not think about going back to get it the next day. It will be gone.

7. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I love Dollar Stores! We have many different ones here by us. You can sometimes find some cute things, I will definitely check them out for the Easter things. I need to get baskets yet, I can never keep them nice year after year and often end up buying new ones each year. Sometimes you can find cute little toys to add in or accessories to go with the basket stuff.

8. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    Excellent advice. i love shopping at the Dollar Store. They have some great prices and awesome items at the Dollar Store. I love shopping at my local Dollar Store.

9. Germs

GermsMember

Threads:
    I can back up that previous claim about poundland in the UK, many great deals on for Easter.

10. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    I am racking my brain trying to figure out what to do for my 3 boys. We normally get them big baskets filled with some of the things that they want, but oney has been hard this year. My husband just started working again after being laid off for a few months. We do have a local Dollar Store where I live. I may go and check them out to see if I can find some things to make a decent basket. I would love to hear more ideas from everyone on what I could do for three 9 year old boys that is cheap.

11. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I used to think the Dollar Tree was just some small time store in my neighborhood. Just think how my eyes opened when I came to know they were a giant franchise. But they do have some great deals.

12. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    That's what I like to do too. There are definately some good basket or stocking stuffers. Someone once told me they spent 450 dollars on Easter for their kid. There's nothing wrong with that but I like to save the big stuff for Christmas. Definately a good store to go to for stuff like that.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My grand children are teenagers now, I think I will get one large basket and fill it up with goodies for the day, we plan to have a family Easter dinner together. The dollar store is a good place to get decorations for the house for special occasions.

A few fake lilies and tulips will look nice as a center piece.

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dollar store

I usually go to the dollar tree near my home for all holidays they always have nice little decorations and things for the holiday and every year I go to dollar tree for easter because I found it easier to make my own basket getting the things from there and they have great candies and what not especially for easter also they recently started taking coupons which makes their items a lot cheaper.

15. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    The dollar store is great. I think I would always recommend it to anyone because the prices there are just unbeatable in my opinion.
    I also buy little decorations or even plastic forks and spoons and cups in cases where I am throwing a party. The store does have great baskets so it is definitely a place I would visit every Easter.
    Yo just can't go wrong with the dollar store!Haha!

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think these Disney Princesses candy filled Easter eggs are really cute for $1. They sell them at Dollar Tree.
    These little wind up toys are also pretty cute for $1 at Dollar Tree.

127678_v1.

Don't forget to buy clearance Peeps for 50% off the day after Easter so that you can make Peeps Rice Krispies Treats.

[​IMG]

..or Peeps smores

[​IMG]

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was in the Dollar Tree today. There were a lot of great things for Easter. Fortunately ( or unfortunately) I don't have any small kids to make Easter baskets for. If I did, the Dollar Tree would be my first stop.

18. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    This is where I also buy many of my holiday treats and decorations from Halloween to Christmas to Valentine's Day. And since Easter 2013 is around the corner, I just might have to pay them a visit and see what cute Easter things they're selling right now. I love stocking up on some of their holiday themed paper products, too, like paper cups or paper plates in case of a holiday party in the future.

19. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I really like going to the dollar tree all year round they always have really nice stuff and you can't beat it at a dollar only. It is especially great for the holidays such as Easter as was mentioned above, because it is all just for one day and you don't have to overspend to make the event colorful and fun. They have so many different things you can get there and you can make your own baskets, love having the dollar tree in our area too.

20. gloria7819

gloria7819New Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at the Dollar Tree! You can always find something that you need there.