Donating through your grocery store

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by Happyflowerlady • Nov 16, 2014.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This might not work for everyone, but it will work for a lot of people, and it doesn't even cost anything to make a donation.
    Our locak Kroger store has a section on its webpage where they will donate to the charity of your choice, and the more money you spend for groceries, the more they will donate to your charity. Food Lion also does this, and pobaly many of the other large corporate stores.
    Kroger has a list of charities that are registered with them, but if you have a favorite local charity (like your church foodbank), then you can specify that charity. They have to also go to the store website and sign up so people know that it is a legitimate charity, and then you will be helping your charity just by shopping for your groceries every week.

2. Kielei Rae

Kielei RaeNew Member

Threads:
    I certainly hope the information you took the time to post is read by many, and I hope even more that those many in turn will be a blessing to those assisted by the charity(s). Unfortunately there isn't a "Kroger" in our area anymore, even the off-shoot "Food For Less" around the corner closed last month. But that's no excuse for me not to look for what might be available in my area along the same lines and otherwise. I pray my follow-thru is much better this year than in year's past, I must admit. I have begun the holiday season, good intent intact, only to end up after the New Year wondering how I managed to forget to do that very important thing, or give that very important gift, or spend those important 30 minutes with someone. Anyone. I pray that this year I can at least see how a few keystrokes might benefit someone somewhere. It's literally the very least I could do. Right?