Don't you get annoyed when....

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Miaka_M • Jan 16, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    You go to the store and your purchase something that you really like and want. Don't you get annoyed when it goes on sale a few days or weeks later? Then you regret that you purchased it so early and that you should've waited for the price to come down? That happens to me way too often. I usually go back and try to get a rain check. What do you do?

2. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I just say "oh well" and move on. This happens a lot with electronic stuff, I bought a iPhone for 100 dollars from my wireless carrieer, a couple of weeks later, they were 80. I just tell my self that the time I've had with my iPhone was worth 20 dollars. I don't think I'd bother with a rain check.

3. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    If the sale is good, I take the item back with my receipt and get a refund. You can do that at most retailers. You just have to be conscious after you purchase an item and keep the receipts for at least two weeks.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    This used to happen to me a whole lot and then i finally learnt how to control my urges and not be the first one to buy. What i do new is try my best to give it a month or so. I do this so that people who have already bought the products can let me in on the flaws and i can then make an informed decision on whether to buy it or not.

5. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    O yes, I really get annoyed when this happens, especially if i have paid so much for the item. This happened to around Christmas, Iwent to JCpenny and purchase some boots at the price of 69.99 and when the blackout sale came the boots were on sale for 20.00 I was so mad. It really made me not want to go back to the store so now I find myself asking the clerks when are you guys gonna have an sale. Just to be safe

6. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:

Wow, that was a great sale then if it came down that much! I also tend to dislike the store if it happens to me. Christmas time is the time for joy and buying regrets! I had also bought a leather jacket on "sale" for around $30, and now it came down to $20! I haven't even worn the jacket yet and I know it's just $10...but that $10 could go a long way for a student on a budget such as myself. :(

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    This happens to me all the time but I don't get upset about it unless that thing was really expensive and the difference is too much. I'll usually blame the store for not informing me even though I'm their regular customer but I'll always get over it on the next day.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That rarely happens to me, since I really wait for quite some time before I buy a gadget, but I guess when it comes to other items, if the price difference is small, then I probably won't mind it.

9. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    This has happened to me a few times before with games and electronics but you have no way of knowing it was going to be on sale. Annoying but no need to get too upset at yourself.

10. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah that is annoying. On the flip side though I've gone out to buy something before and not even been aware that it was on sale, so there was a pleasant surprise when I arrived. Sometimes that's just the way things work out unfortunately though.

11. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I agree that this is really annoying but if you wait for the sale you risk it being sold out before you get there. I just missed this happening recently, I went to buy something and it was £75 but I didn't get it then as I decided I would go home and wait for the vouchers I knew were coming. Luckily, and thanks to the vouchers taking so long to get delivered, I arrived at the shop on Saturday to see it was half price. I am so glad I waited for the vouchers otherwise I would have paid twice the price than a few weeks earlier. Luckily it was the last in stock.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walmart is pretty decent when this happens. I once ordered a comforter online from them. A couple of days later ,it went on sale. I sent them an email. While the order was still processing, they credited me back the difference and shipped it to me at the sale price.