Don't You Think Some Advertisements On Tv Are Exaggerated?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by mildredtabitha • Sep 15, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    The grass is not always greener on the other side. I feel that advertisements shown on TV are extremely exaggerated.

We always look forward to seeing something especially if it attracted our eyes. Advertisers know how to attract viewers by using sweet words and showing us the possibilities of things we imagine being true.

Like when a new lotion is advertised, many people will buy it the first few days then in around a month or two, customers are no more. Don't you think some advertisements are always exaggerated?

2. melissa1024

melissa1024New Member

Threads:
    Oh that is a definite yes! Some I have seen lately have been overly exaggerated. I am thinking really, is your product doing that poorly that you have to go to that extreme to promote it?

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely. :confused:

The advertisements on TV consume a lot of the time and this is really very annoying (especially for those who watch TV frequently... which is not my case). Ocourse there is all the financial issues involved for the TV to be on the air, but it's all very exaggerated.

4. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    I think all of us can agree that advertisements on TV are not only exaggerated by deceiving as well, they try to trick people shamelessly.

5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, some TV ads are overtly exaggeragated. I once bought a toothpaste that claimed to whiten your teeth in 7 days. I used the toothpaste twice a day for 7 days and there was no difference. I was experiencing hair fall, therefore, when I saw an ad of hair fall comtrol oil, I immediately purchased the product. It did not work.

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen several advertisements on TV that left me speechless not in a good way, they over-exaggerate the products to an annoying extent.

7. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I still find it funny to see anyone not thinking that most advertisements on the TV and other media platforms are simply unrealistic, which makes me agree with you totally on this. Most of the things that these companies do while advertising their products are simply funny to a mature mind. Just like an advertisement about a toothpaste making the teeth get instantly white after using it lol. make me see that as an act of magic anyway, so there is a form of exaggeration in most adverts.

8. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    They are exaggerated no doubt but believe me that was the purpose of actually leaving out the radio or newspaper and magazines and opt for television in carrying out a specific advert.

With the combination of both audio and visual qualities in highlighting a new product and service makes it very appealing and persuasive enough to sway people's preference and influence their choice selection.

Television advertising tend to be very exorbitant and as such making its information exaggerated enables it have good possibility of having much patronizers in order to cover the cost of the advert and as well make profits from increased sales.

9. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes they are overly exaggerated. They don't represent every day life and they make you think that if you purchase their product then you will look like that person or have hair like the person in the ad. I think they use the exaggeration to get your attention and then to make you think you need the product they are selling, that your life will be better because of their product. I don't pay too much attention to commercials because they are so fake.

10. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    The thing in this day and age, you rarely come across a genuine and actually realistic ad as most of them are so exaggerated to the point of being annoying.

11. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do believe that many advertisements on television are exaggerated to a great extent. If they had to be %100 percent honest all of the time then chances are they woudn't be able to sell as much as they wanted to. My advice is just look for good honest reviews online before buying said item, you'll save yourself a lot of money and trouble.

12. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the owners tend to focus on thrilling the viewers and consumers. They place a lot of emphasis on the effectiveness of their products in a way to lure buyers. It's a strategy I must say. I mean, it's a competitive world out there and nobody wants to be left out.

We all now that a cream can't grow your hair in a week and that slimming belts do not do magic. They are just trying to be seen.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nearly all adverts are exaggerated or touched up to look good. That's why people do like brick and mortar shops so they can physically see and touch products before they buy. The point is to get people to go and look and at least show some interest and price is always key. Brand image and reputation counts for a lot as many people will pick up things they have heard of.

14. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I kinda notice it too but I just watch it and never actually bother to buy the product. Sometimes I just change channel to avoid having to watch and listen to the commercial breaks. And besides I am already satisfied with the brands I am using and I don't plan on changing brands anytime soon.

15. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Not only some TV ads are exaggerated but most of them. But nobody complains. Imagine those ads are technologically produced to give an amazing effect which is beyond one's imagination to comprehend.

The customers don't know their right. They don't know that there's a customers' right for a genuine products not being misrepresented. This is what I learned when I studied advertisement while I was taking my commerce course before in college.

16. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    They are without exaggerated but if they were otherwise, people might find them boring, uninteresting or pain stupid which is bad.

17. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    You're right. That's how ads become attracted to customers. They put colors to appeal to the consuming public.

18. Liezeliezel

LiezeliezelNew Member

Threads:
    I think TV advertisements are exaggerating only because they want to catch the attention of viewers or they want the viewers to be curious about their products which might lead to actually buy their product. I also observed that most exaggerated TV advertisements are all about whitening products, food seasoning, and household cleaning products.

19. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with your point. That is the real purpose of advertising. They advertise to get more viewers and customers.

To add on your point, I have also been seeing many skin products being exaggerated. We buy and use them but is obvious the skin won't look like the one shown on TV. Also, some medicines advertisement are exaggerated. You can take painkillers and feel the effects after hours and not in seconds like the way we are told on TV.

20. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Most Ads are exaggerated. More than that what annoys me is the Ad itself when it does not provide any entertainment but just noise and some inaudible words uttered with some loud background music. At the moment I am getting annoyed watching that Ad on Mahindra's TUV 300 vehicle.

#20Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017