Don't You Think That Water Should Be Free?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by mildredtabitha • Dec 16, 2017.

1. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    Sure, that is exactly what I think too. Water is a God-given resource that we should be able to enjoy for free. The problem is that water catchment areas are not located everywhere and therefore it is costly to transport water to the affected areas. In this respect, I can understand why the government charges people for water. The government should be able to set aside some funds to cater for affected people rather than charge them for water. That is a matter that will take some time to address and till then, patience will be required in plenty.

2. chimeewrites

chimeewritesNew Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy I agree with you.

It's more relieving to know that the major reason why water isn't free is because of the money involved in building water structures and facilities which is quite a good one when one tries to solve a major problem in a community which is water. In my area, in as much as water is bought, it is yet at a very low price and I can say it is worth it.

3. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think so. Storing water like rain water costs you little or nothing. Except for little treatment. Also when you dig up a well, you are digging and providing water for a lifetime and by so doing you can not only help yourself but your close Community at large if you wish.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree @Keibah@Keibah but that is possible in rural areas only, at least in my country as the urban areas have no place for digging well any more. Besides the rules do not permit to dig wells in urban areas unless you take a permission from local administration which is not easy. Incidentally, the water charges are so low that not many will think of digging a well and then spend on its treatment.

5. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I also think water should be free but this is really not ideal or practical. But it should be very cheap so much that they everyone can afford to buy it. Right now, in South Africa, there is a water crisis in Cape Town. It is really bad. Water is so important for day to day living. Movies like the animated film Rango should be used to start conversations around the importance of using water wisely.

6. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    You are Right water should be really free. But sadly we are paying for it. How bad this is actually.