DontPayFull.com - Rating on Web of Trust (WOT)

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by dpf • Sep 19, 2013.

1. dpf

dpfAdministrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Threads:
    Hello,

Recently we found that we are ranked poor on Web of Trust (WOT).

If you have installed WOT add-on and have a WOT account (or would like to make one), it would be appreciated if you could go and make a truthful review of what you think of our site on our ranking page there:

If you go to WOT, please to click on the rating bars with the rating you would believe is fair, and not just write a comment.

Thank you for your time. Any suggestions are welcome.

2. Erica3

Erica3New Member

Threads:
    I fully agree with this, this, I think we have a problem score are goodsite, why the score is still poor, is not mywot.com Rewrite the score, or some little tricks in the background 。If they do not give a detailed description if you score, we can only guess!

I post !

3. GottDeals

GottDealsNew Member

Threads:
    I have only been on this site a few days but the integrity of the people running it is REALLY making an impression on me. I'll keep that add-on in the back of my mind and give it some thought. I'm not crazy about installing various add-ons on my browser (I have too many already), but if being on this site keeps impressing me like it is, then I might just teeter over to at least installing that add-on long enough to help this site out a bit, and then uninstall that add-on later. Thanks for what you guys are doing.

4. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    It's so weird, they just accuse the website of not being trustworthy although the real reason is that they don't have enough reviews! That could be just because people never though about reviewing positively and only care to do it when a forum is bad. I will rate this forum accordingly.

5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a WOT account, but I will create one and submit a review this weekend, promise.

As for suggestions, I would say we all must need to add more deals and coupons in the pertaining area because, from my standpoint, the latest deal category has slowed down for the past months, and this could be a reason why WOT ranking went downhill.

I have tried to contribute there as much as possible, but if we spend a bit more time on deal-hunting, this might help to improve ranking IMHO.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've just signed up and seen the following message:

WOT has detected unusual behavior on the scorecard and new rating has been disabled. You can still rate this site using

So that's what I've done. In any case, it looks like there simply aren't enough ratings for the site to be deemed "satisfactory" as elsewhere in the site, it mentions that it is a good site with a good reputation.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of WOT. I will check it out though, and give this site a good rating. It is a good informational site in terms of making suggestions for saving money. This is one of my favorite sites to post on. Maybe you can use some of the comments from the members here in this section to bolster the rating.

8. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Judging by the comments of the forum members on the WOT rating and the bubbling enthusiasm, I am in safe hands. I look forward to have a great time with fellow forumites to make the forum soar to greater heights.

9. Caffe

CaffeNew Member

Threads:
    I just discovered this post as it was recently bumped up. If the WOT rating is still a concern, I humbly offer this suggestion:

Fuggedaboudit.

As one who has owned and operated numerous websites, both personal and professional, for some 20 years (or about 6,000 years in Internet Time), I was shocked and horrified the first time I discovered one of my websites rated poorly on WOT.

I would guess that was about ten years ago.

I say "guess," because WOT means so little (read: absolutely nothing) to me today, I put the darned thing out of my mind as soon as I realized how little (again, read: absolutely nothing) the impact WOT had on the website in question.

IMHAFPO (In My Humble And Formerly-Professional Opinion), WOT is about as relevant to a website's reputation as Gerry and the Pacemakers are to the evolution of hip-hop.

The upshot: Some sites are very, very good at making themselves out to be much more important than they really are.

WOT is not important. Never was. Isn't. Never will be.

And the next time a WOT-like site rates this forum (or any other website) poorly, out of the blue, my humble suggestion is, again:

Fuggedaboudit.