Door buzzers and mobile phones

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 16, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I have been looking to lose my landline and go wireless for some time now. The problem is that in my building, the main door rings through my phone and I need to press a button to let them in. When I tried to inquire as to whether I can use a smartphone to handle this operation I get a clear "don't know" from both the property manager and the company that makes the door system. I am finding this frustrating and it is the one think chaining me to the last century.

Do you live in a place with a door buzzer? Are you able to use your smart phone to buzz people into your building?

2. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I live in my home I bought 6 years ago so I don't have this problem. My grandma lives in a place with a door buzzer and its not smartphone comparable. She has to have a landline and its a requirement to live in the apartment.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like you might have to keep your landline. Is there any way that you can shop around for a lower price on your phone line?

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Just ask them if they are able to change what number it rings through. They should be able to do this just fine, unless it was a phone number that was assigned to you by the building. If you set up the landline account yourself, though, and told them the phone number to ring through to, then it's easy to change to a mobile phone.

5. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if this will be any use to you because I am not very familiar with the whole door buzzer thing. It sound's like an intercom system but I was thrown by the whole landline thing. Probably sounding thick now :confused: but I learned something new anyway here is what I found: