Dove Soap

Discussion in Product Reviews started by tasha • Feb 22, 2016.

1. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Dove soap has always been a favourite of mine. I love the smell of this soap very much. Sometimes I just hold it up to my nose and inhale a bit. It also has this silky, slippery feel on my hands which takes a little of bit of washing to totally get it from off of my hands, buts thats not a problem because I just the feel of it.

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Does anybody know if Dove Soap is any good for people with psoriasis? I have psoriasis and am limited in what soap I can use on my skin. I have heard that Dove is one of the softest soaps on the market and is good for sensitive skin, but I'd like to know if other psoriasis sufferers have tried it with success.

3. jackiewbu

jackiewbuNew Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't use bars of soap, as I prefer body wash. I have used the Dove body wash and it's really nice! It smells amazing and comes in so many scents like pomegranate, cucumber melon, etc. I find that when I use that and exfoliate with a loofah, or cloth, my skin is super soft! And if you use Dove's Shea butter lotion on after your shower it's especially smooth.

4. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    There is a place about twenty miles north of where I live that makes hand made soaps and bath products. I absolutely love their products as they put natural oils inside. Years ago I used Dove and it does make you feel like you have washed yourself in cream and I used to love how it made my skin feel so lovely and soft.

5. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    If there's a soap that I would want to use for my face,that would be Dove. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized and it's the only soap that does that. It's just a cut above the rest. It gives my facial skin the pampering and tenderness it needs to stay young and soft. Oh, this is staring to sound like a commercial for Dove! :D I know that Dove can be a bit pricey over other soaps, but it's definitely worth it. I don't even buy locally available Dove soaps. I would always ask my sister who is based abroad to bring me several pieces which I can use in year's time. I pay her, of course, but they're a lot cheaper than the ones being sold in local stores and are of better quality. She always buy them on sale or on a buy 1-take one promo.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This is one of the brands that I just know that I need to see a sale next to the name before getting it, but I do like their products and their soap. Especially in the winter time, that seems to be when I am most prone to getting it.

7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I love their new product known as dove lemon bar. It is a lemon flavored variety of their cream bar but it wont make you feel sticky when you sweat thanks to the lemon extract. It will make you feel fresh all day long while still enjoying the benefits of a dove bar.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    They say you should not wash your face with bar soap,but being a man(like me) you have thicker skin than a woman,and men sweat more than women,also men have oilier skin than women,so its a bit different with us. People swear that Dove soap is great for their face though,and makes them look so much younger,and they have used this soap their whole life and are very happy about it.

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    @tasha@tasha I too experienced the same when I first used dove soap and then I really stopped using it. Now I am using Himalaya honey and cream. This is really good and moisturizes my skin for a very long time and keeps my skin moist free from dryness. If this is available in your place then you can give it a try.

10. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    @sidney@sidney This is true. I use Dove soap sometimes, around twice a week, since I have dry skin. It's a great moisturizer, but the residue just sticks to your skin when you use it often.

#30May 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    @Trixen@Trixen It is better to use Dove before sleeping instead of before leaving your house to go to work because it will indeed give you a sticky feeling because it is a moisturizing cream bear.

#31May 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  12. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like Dove despite its moisturization benefits. It makes my skin dull. I am a fan of Palmolive. I love the way it lathers and is creamy on the skin.

Dove shampoo also causes a lot of hairfall in my case.

13. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Dove is alright, but I only get to use them because my relatives from the US give them to us when they visit the country. But I won't really purchase their products on my own initiative because I don't like the "sticky feel" of their products on my skin.

14. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using it for a while now and it has done wonders for my skin especially during winter since it becomes dry and flaky. Dove has been producing some high quality products over the years and they continue to do so.

15. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Dove is a pretty good value for it's relatively low price. I do buy it on a fairly regular basis. I have some now as a matter of fact. IF you read reviews of the soap and shampoo, it is some of the most highly ranked soap and shampoo for its price range, that is why I use it.

16. Kiarra

KiarraNew Member

Threads:
    I am really a big fan and I am impressed with this beauty bar soap. I had a dry skin before and I had tried using countless soap products that moisturizes skin but after using dove, my skin became smoother and less dry.

#36Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  17. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Dove is a soap that I have been using for years. It feels good on the skin and cleans up nice. I really don't care too much when it comes to what soap I use to wash with, but dove is something I use from time to time.

18. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    Dove is fabulous! Both of my children suffered from eczema and the dermatologist recommended Dove. It made a tremendous difference in the feel and look of their skin. Dove may leave a "slippery" feel, but it is only because of the moisturizer within it. In the long run, you will be glad that you switched!

19. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Use it before sleeping not before going to work or going outside the house. It felt unpleasant to use it during summers but I guess getting sticky is okay if you will just sleep. Also using deodorant on armpits can make you feel less sticky if you are a regular dove user.

20. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan, Actually we were given packs of Dove again this year and instead of using it, I used the soap that I have always used, Safeguard, instead of using Dove, lol. I will only use Dove if I don't have any other choice. I don't really like that soap.