Drive wisely

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Peninha • Apr 29, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not only driving slower can save us money, but also avoiding starting up fast and braking suddenly can save us a lot too on gas and maintenance costs. Do you have this care or do you just drive the way you feel like it regardless if that harms the car or not?

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I know pretty well that speed kills. I used to be one of those that would drive as fast as i could to get to my destination. As i hae gotten older i have found that it is better to arrive alive than get there in a body bag. I think that it is something that comes to you over time. I think that it is smart as you have mentioned and there are multiple benefits to driving slow.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know driving slower saves on gas and on the vehicle ever day wear and tear. Driving fast and having to stop by skidding wears out your tires faster than just driving at a reasonable speed.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just the other day I heard some crazy explanation from a friend saying that his cat consumes less when driving faster because it's a lighter car? Come on, this doesn't make any sort of sense...!!

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Pardon me, but it seems like driving faster saves money on gas. For instance, it's known that gas mileage on a highway is way less than in the city. Also, I would think that the constant breaking and other things in a city would wear things down more than what you'd do on the highway.