Driving tickets

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Gelsemium • Mar 25, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of the times if we spend just some time or use our head we will probably not get speed or parking tickets, the most common ones. Unfortunately I've received both parking and speeding tickets and that made me wiser, so here's my advice, don't speed and park properly, you will end up saving money!!

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Speeding tickets are a pain, but DUIs tend to hurt people the most. DUIs lead to losing one's license. In that case, you often either have to move to a town with public transportation or risk losing your job. On top of that, you might be tempted to drive without your license which could lead to tickets of $300 if you're in my area.

Finally, another big problem with DUIs is the massive fines which are far worse than for speeding tickets, and some places also require jail time, and of course, driving without a license can lead to jail time.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got a pedestrian ticket for walking when the red hand flashing. I thought it was okay and so did the Mom with her 2 daughters, but we all got stopped for it and promptly got tickets for it! I paid 350.00 for it too, ouch!!!!! So when you see the red hand flashing stop and don't cross, you'll get a ticket like we did! I had speeding tickets too,it wasn't too bad for you could pay for it by sending a check in the mail. I don't know about now for I've relinquished my license 2 years ago, being a Senior Citizen I just ride the bus now.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never received any parking or speeding ticket in India but I have received many of them in Australia. The rules there are too strict and cameras keep a strict vigil. I have so far received 4, one for parking in wrong direction, one for entering in the bus lane and other two for crossing line while the signal lights changed from green to red. Each of them cost me in the range of AU$ 200-300.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Few things are more frustrating and can really ruin your day like a speeding ticket, or even worse a parking ticket. I at least want to be driving if I get a ticket, although they are more expensive usually.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In fact I am more worried about deduction of points from my driving licence in Australia. They deduct double points on weekends for every infringement and suspend your license if you reach to a certain limit. You know it is really tough on someone who has to reach somewhere off railway or bus roots. Thankfully I have never reached that stage.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Thank goodness I have never gotten a ticket because I always like to follow the rules to save myself from stress and paying money. I am one of those very causious types of people because if I don't follow the rules I get overly scared and traumatized. I just don't like dealing with any kind of police officers or anything to do with laws.