Dropping Gas Prices

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by toradrake • Dec 27, 2014.

1. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I live in the middle of nowhere 46 miles from the nearest town. With winter coming, the 16 mile dirt road to the freeway is treacherous. So naturally we rarely go to two unless we have to. Well, today... after several weeks of being home, I went to town with my boyfriend and my jaw dropped. I got so used to gas prices being nearly $4.00 a gal. At Sinclair's it was only $2.35. I must have been in a very deep hole because that is a significant drop in price.... Oh wait, I was in a hole, but that is another story. Anyway... how low have the gas prices dropped in your home town/city?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Well, it's 2017 now, and in the US I haven't seen prices go back up to 4 dollars a gallon. In fact, I've even seen them drop to $1.77 a gallon at times, though, now the norm seems to be around 2 dollars a gallon. Anyhow, I would put the source with fracking - which has been a great help but also has large environmental concerns.

However, once fracking is gone, how will the US be able to keep gasoline at a reasonable price for it's citizens?

#2Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gas prices are fluctuating here in the Philippines. Almost every week, there is a change in gas prices. What’s good is that the change can be good or bad. From a high of 54 pesos per liter 2 years ago, the price dipped to 34 pesos last year and now it is hovering at 45 pesos. They say that the fluctuating pump price is based on the world market prices of crude oil. It is noticeable that when the gas price goes down, long trips are common because the highway to the provinces are crowded. And when the price goes up, there is less traffic in the highway.