Dump Cakes

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by shanalyn323 • Sep 6, 2014.

1. shanalyn323

shanalyn323New Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ever bought or tried someone's dump cake? I always see the infomercials on TV and some of the food looks good but it also looks so fattening. I did a little research online and I've read mixed reviews? I did find this seen it on TV product in Walmart so It wouldn't be a probably buying it and trying it out. I just wanted to know if anyone has tried or bought the dump cake cookbook? Thanks!

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You don't need a special cookbook. That infomercial is just another way to separate fools from their money. Just Google "dump cake recipe" and there are thousands of dump cake recipes for free on the internet.
    Dump cake recipes have been around forever and just involve dumping canned ingredients into a pan with cake mix.

Here's the Pioneer Woman's dump cake recipe.

Don't be fooled into buying an As Seen On TV cookbook when free dump cake recipes are all over the internet.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Wow, I hadn't seen the infomercials for it before.

It looks like they're trying to sell her cookbook, which is fine, but it makes it sound like this is somehow complicated when it's the easiest thing in the world to do!

There are tons of different "dump" cakes out there and the recipes are all available free.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I got curious when I saw this topic as I'm really not familiar with dump cakes. :confused: It's not that popular from where I'm from OR maybe I'm just not a fan of cake-making though I really love eating cakes. :D Well anyway, a simple google search led me to a thousand pages with information on dump cakes so I don't think it's practical for me to buy a book about it.

5. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I saw that infomercial and my mother bought the book. I want to use the book because I'm curious to see how the cakes would look. I make cakes, but I have never tried dump cakes. They look like they would be good and they look so cute. I am eventually going to try it and I will post what happened.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know ,right? What a rip off. There are 426,000 dump cake recipes on Google for free and people are paying for a cookbook from an infomercial.
    I guess you can sell anything if people are too lazy to Google it. A dump cake is basically dumping cans of things into cake mix. They should be ashamed of themselves for selling this cookbook to people who don't know any better.

7. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I really like dump cakes. Here is my favorite recipe:
    1 can cherry pie filling
    1 can crushed pineapple
    1 package yellow cake mix
    8 ounces chopped walnuts
    1/2 cup butter

You combine the fruit first, then put the cake mix on top and lightly mix it together. Then you add the chopped walnuts and drizzle melted butter on top. You bake it at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes long. It is yummy! Especially with vanilla ice-cream.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen that ad on tv for the cake mix and wondered if anyone would purchase the book. I like to play around with ideas of what would work with what, I guess my own dump cake ideas. I will enjoy seaching for more ideas of dump cakes and similar meals. Thanks for the recipe.