Dying Your Eyelashes

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by littlewitch66 • Jun 30, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ever thought about this? It would save a fortune on mascara and the kits are available on eBay or Amazon.

I have very fair lashes which I hate so have used the kits before and although you don't get the length you would with mascara it does frame your eyes. You should be careful not to get any in your eye while applying it though as it does sting.

I think these days you can get mascara that lasts 30 days which has enough applications to last a year. Has anyone tried this?

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    It would make me extremely worried to put chemicals so near to my eyes. I know it has been done and is done successfully every day but I am just a bit paranoid about it.

I find that using mascara is just as good. It is probably better because the mascara will make them look thicker than the dye. I've never heard of mascara that lasts for 30 days, who makes it?

3. littlewitch66

Threads:
    @janemariesayed@janemariesayed It's made by Colorsport but I think it's just another kind of dye but it doesn't use hydrogen peroxide like other dyes. They just call it mascara and say it lasts for 30 days because that's how long eyelashes take to renew themselves.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Haven't done this before but there are shops near our place that offers services like this. I think I would go for eyelash extensions but not dyeing it as I find it dangerous since I might get chemicals on my eyes when they apply it and after. I have semi-short lashes but good quality mascaras always do the job :)

5. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    Dying one's lashes could be a better idea but not in my opinion. Putting up mascara on your eyelashes is one of the easiest methods out there which can be done very quickly plus you can change the color shade as many times as you can. So, I'll go with the mascara option rather than dying my lashes.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I would be too afraid to dye my eyelashes because of the chemicals it has. I much rathar use mascara as it makes my eyelashes look huge. What I wouls like instead is a perm on them to keep them curly but unfortunately harsh chemicals are also used. I think mascara would make my eyelashes look longer than the dye too. But I would like to take a look at that 30 day lasting mascara.

7. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    Like thoughts! :rolleyes:

8. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Like others, I, too, am afraid off using dye which might get into eyes. Even when we use eyeliner or mascara, we need to be very very careful not to harm the inner part of our eyes. Given the nature of dye, it would be even more difficult to block the harsh chemicals getting inside. I cannot take the risk. For now, other eye make ups are just fine to do the job in a safer way.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No dying your eyelashes is a very bad and dangerous idea. I studied for one semester at being a cosmetician. The advanced students have to cut heads to get their license, thus the school had a time in the semester when they received customers for practice so the students can get their license. There was one lady who insisted on dying her eyebrows. Cosmeticians don't dye your lashes, eye brows at all. Don't do it for you can go blind. The students had a bad time with that customer for no matter how much they explained to her she insisted on doing the dying and they warned her she can go blind. The future cosmetician would never dye her brows, so she tried to do it at home. NEVER dye your eye brows or lashes. If you do you'll go bind. The chemicals for hair dye is for hair ONLY. Check with your eye doctor about it, before you ever dye your eye lashes or brows, please. Thanks.

10. littlewitch66

Threads:
    Well an update on this. I bought the 30 day mascara and although it did not make my eyes sting and did not use hydrogen peroxide which is common in dying eyelashes, it did not make a scrap of difference to the colour so I will be sticking to ordinary mascara. I just thought it would be good to wake up in the morning with lovely dark lashes but the reality was not quite the same as the dream!

11. ReddOnMyHead

ReddOnMyHeadNew Member

Threads:
    I have thought about doing these for a few months now, I just have looked that much into it. As you stated, I have light colored eyelashes as well. My eyelashes are strawberry/blonde colored and can not see them at all unless I have mascara on them. I have also thought about tinting my eyebrows. When I wear mascara, and color in my eyebrows it gives my face a totally different look. It also makes me not look as tired, when you can see my eyelashes and eyebrows. I don't always wear makeup, so it would be a dream to be able to see my lashes, and brows without having to put on makeup.
    I read your update post about it not working, that's a shame. I had high hopes that I could find a good lash and brow tint. I will have to start researching to find a good product that lasts!

12. Sherrie Larrison

Sherrie LarrisonMember

Threads:
    So, the conclusion is that Mascara is the best ever solution to color your eyelashes. However, you can try other things but on a temporary basis...

13. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    My cousin got blind because of a hair dying accident. I am not sure it is something I would like to try because eyes are sensitive. I think mascara might be a better option. There are companies that gives away free samples and there are also coupons for discounts.

14. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's cheaper and safer to get extensions which is what I do when I don't want to wear mascara for a while. You can get deals on Groupon and they last about a month if you take care of them. Putting anything so close to the eye by yourself is asking for trouble including false eyelashes if you use glue. You need a steady hand and patience.

15. littlewitch66

Threads:
    @ReddOnMyHead@ReddOnMyHead - Yes! I have lashes like that and I so envy people who have lovely dark lashes and don't have to wear mascara. That is why I wanted to try the dye. I'm not giving up yet though so if I find anything that works I will post it here.

16. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    This is my first time to hear about this and I must say that it is very impressive but I would not try this because I don't like to put chemicals on my eyes because it is very dangerous. I will just stick to mascaras because it is a safer option for me.