Eagle Eyes... Too Many Resurrections!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by MyDigitalpoint • Jan 2, 2014.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if you are aware of those infomercials about Eagle Eyes, the powerful glasses that are the latest innovation on Planet Earth.. but who knows based on what type of counted reincarnations.

First time I heard of these glasses was in the late 1990s, later disappeared from As Seen on TV for some time and returned with the same "innovative" argument and again, and again and again.

During the past Christmas season, my nephew used to call me up on a daily basis to let me know about this incredible, never-seen-before wonder and was trying to pushing me into buying this product that has so many reincarnations that I have lost the count of them.

Besides Eagle Eyes, how other products have resurrected on TV infomercials that you can remember?

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    The Chia Pet won't die out. This product comes back annually, but in a different form. First, it was animals and now Chia Pets are people. I am not sure who buys them, but the maker of this product must be a millionaire by now.

[​IMG] Classic Chia Pet
    [​IMG] Newest Chia Pet

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually think the Duck Dynasty Chia Pets are brilliant marketing. The Robertsons have the perfect beards for Chia Pets. The Willie Robertson Chia Pet cracks me up. :)

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I always found this to be one of the most delightful to watch infomercials:

[video=youtube;kkqx4UXlwl4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkqx4UXlwl4[/video]

Someone somewhere decided this is something we could just not live without...

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The Nu Wave Oven - seriously, they've been shilling these since the early 90's. I've heard a lot of complaints about these too, in particular the dome cracking, the unit getting overheated, the fan breaking, etc...

There are a few of these infomercial products that I'm glad they've finally put them to rest (at least for now). In the 90's I lost track of how many car polishes they were selling on TV - it was always the same thing, they would pour lighter fluid on the car and light it on fire, as if that would do anything. Also, there seemed to be a ton of infomercials for stick blenders. You can only watch someone make mayo in a jar so many times...

Those electric pocket sandwich machines (the ones that make triangle shaped stuffed sandwiches) need to go too. That same red headed lady with the glasses has been pitching those things since the 90's too.