Early Birds!

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by YorkshireLass • Jul 15, 2012.

1. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    I am one of those people who tend to leave holiday preparations till the last minute, but I know a few people who have already started their Christmas shopping! I was just wondering how many people do it around here, and don't you forget what you have bought or where you've put it?! If I put something in a 'safe place' because I'll need it later, it's almost guaranteed I'll lose it!

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh god, Christmas thoughts already? No way!! It's only July. :S

When I used to do crafts, I'd have to plan a bit in advance, but still not this far. And yes, I do occasionally pick up items year round with the intent of "oh, that'd make a great gift for so 'n' so, whether it's for Christmas or their birthday, etc. I can't imagine shopping at this point, though.

3. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Woah!! Christmas hasn't even crossed my mind and won't for quite some time. Especially with all this hot weather we're having! The most I'm thinking in advance is 'back to school specials'. I am wondering if they'll be any iPhone deals out there...

4. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    There are very few reasons I can think of for planning for Christmas now. One reason would be that if the gift is handmade and it takes a long time to get it finished. Maybe if you want to make a wood carving or make a painting, then this is as good a time to get started. Or if you are planning to give something that comes in a set and the pieces of the set have to be bought individually and they are not easily found, then the sooner you start the better.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am a terrible procrastinator when it comes to Christmas shopping. I am usually a last minute shopper and every year, I regret doing it.
    I do like the idea of making homemade gifts for this year. We are really tight on the budget right now so I think I will get started on making some presents soon. Thanks for the great idea!

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I've always heard that the early bird gets the worm, that is true when you are making something or buying a set of something. I'd rather not shop for anything but make something and I just want to have fun during the holiday season, walking and looking, finding myself in those little coffee shops and in bars to hear all the nice music that is playing and just watching the children play and have smiles on there faces, while I walk hand in hand with my sweetheart down the different streets looking at decorations and listening to music that is playing.

7. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    I'm not always the early one, neither am I the last minute shopper. I've had a lesson or two about shopping late: stuffs which are out of stock etc, so I NEVER shop late anymore.

8. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Late october is when i usually start christmas shopping. Sometimes earlier if i see something i know someone will like so i buy it just incase i forget. I also like saving a bit of cash for the sales after christmas.

9. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I think about it, but still wait until the last minute to buy gifts. I'm very excited this year because we decided to take a family vacation, and we aren't doing gifts. We are going to buy some gifts for friends in need and some for charity. I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully it's a good lesson for our kids. The giving part, not the vacation.

10. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like the idea of buying something a long time before Christmas. I like to wait for the special Christmas offers. i only buy in advance if I want to buy something that requires time for shipping.

11. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I usually shop little deals throughout the year to have those "emergency" gifts are hand but I start Xmas shopping early almost every year to beat the rush. This year I am trying Cyber Monday for the first time. We will see how that works

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All of the early shoppers are very happy right now I know. I will be out there the very last day trying to get finished.