Easter Basket Ideas

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by thisnthat • Mar 31, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Where do you get most of your stuff for Easter baskets? Do you buy them or just buy containers and fill them yourself? I like to add fun stuff besides just candy.

I've seen a lot of cute containers that could work too, other than just typical baskets. I even saw edible Easter grass. I think that might be kind of cool, and it's probably less messy than the plastic string kind.

What interesting containers have you used (or will use) and where do you find them?

I could see filling up the back of a toy truck or using things like sand pails, but I also want to find some new ideas. What have you come up with so far?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was shopping at Walmart, where you know things are cheaper, and saw just the kind of things you're talking about for Easter baskets. They got toys, different kinds of things to use for baskets, Easter foods different from chocolate candies too. I was surprised to see so many different kinds of things for Easter. Walmart is a lot cheaper than most stores. I saw at CVS 30% off all Easter items too. Our home doesn't have any Easter basket to make, but I love window shopping and came across all those Easter bargains to save money. Good luck! Happy Easter.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It’s almost the time to prepare for Easter which is just around the corner. We buy the baskets in the wet market where it is cheaper and they have a variety of designs and sizes. But we also do some trimmings so the basket will really look like Easter Baskets that would be attractive to children. With the contents, we buy them separately, first are the sweets, candies and chocolates. The fresh fruits are bought a few days before. On a rough estimate, a ready-to-go Easter Basket is double the cost of our homemade Easter Basket.

4. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Good idea, @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe. I will check out Walmart too. Sometimes, they have some good deals, and I have a ecard for there that I just earned on a survey site.

It sounds like you make some really nice baskets, @Alexandoy@Alexandoy. Thanks for the idea of adding fresh fruit. I usually think of that in terms of Christmas gift baskets, but why not Easter too? I'll have to shop around for in season fruits to add. My grandkids love fruit, and it would be a better option than a whole bunch of candy. Nice!

I've been picking up some cute Easter items to add from

as well. Now, I just need to come up with ideas for the basket or container itself.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It's for you that you are celebrating Easter for kids to enjoy. How I wish our kids would doing that too for it isn't being practiced here in our place. These kids have nothing to do, nothing to play, except to join with their parents for a religious devotional.

I have read from the books and see from movies on how the kids enjoy especially searching for an Easter eggs which are placed somewhere in the bush, in the garage, at home or wherever feasible for the kids to search them. Besides, kids are also developing their art of painting or coloring those eggs to look them attractive or funny.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not very creative with these things. The solution is to look for ideas on the internet and for sure there are a lot of interesting ideas and not only just for that time but for any time of year.

There is something that is so easy to do that it even seems to be fake or something. :)

7. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I am looking for ideas on the Internet by asking here. ;) I get what you're saying though. I do look on Pinterest as well. I've seen some cute stuff, but I am hoping to come up with something really unique.

I made some cute baskets last year, but I'm not sure I'll have time to craft my own this year,, although maybe I can find some cute stuff at a craft supply store. I like the idea of filling up other toys and using them as the basket too.

Amazon is worth a look too, since they have a little bit of everything. Time to check them out. They really come in handy, since I don't have that many brick and mortar stores nearby to shop in.