Easter Gifts

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by MommyDonna • Jan 15, 2014.

1. MommyDonna

MommyDonnaNew Member

Threads:
    For those of you that celebrate Easter, do you get your kids gifts? Its a holiday that I always celebrate, but I find that I forget to get the kids gifts until the last minute. What types of things do you give them for Easter? I don't really want to waste money on a basket from a store that is already made up. Those tend to have things in them that the kids won't like. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

2. giftblooms

giftbloomsNew Member

Threads:
    Easter Gifts Ideas For Kids

Hello,
    If you celebrate the Easter Day and give the gifts to kids then I have some ideas for kids gifts.
    Kids have always like chocolates, cookies and lollipops more than other gifts.
    I am sending some pictures of Easter kids gifts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that those pre-made Easter baskets at the stores aren't very good. They are usually pricey for what they contain. Shops that specialize in gift baskets sometimes have nice things, but they can still be a bit pricey. I like to make my own baskets. I feel like I get more for what I spend, and I also like to add fun little things instead of just a bunch of sweets.

Since you're planning early, you could make some baskets of your own. There are lots of patterns for making them if you can sew, crochet, or do other types of crafts. You can also use a tin or a box wrapped in pretty paper, a regular basket, or a paper gift bag. Then just fill it with things you know the kids will like. Dollar Tree usually has lots of stuff to choose from for holidays.

You can also use those small, plastic storage bins/baskets from the dollar store. Weave ribbons through the openings in the basket, glue lace around the edges, glue on faux flowers, make bows, etc. You can also use felt, yarn, and scraps of denim for boys, if they don't like ribbon. They can use the storage box for toys and such afterward.

Another fun idea is to use a sand pail or bucket; the kind you buy to play with at the beach. Put small items in the shovel and wrap it with kitchen plastic wrap then fill the bucket. You can also pick up a dump truck for a boy and fill the back of the truck. These are my favorites. This kind of "basket" becomes part of the gift and they can play with it later.

4. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    My frugal side HATES those premade Easter baskets! They are too expensive for what is in them, and the things that are in them are generally not great in my opinion. Plus, I love to put a basket together that I know my kids will like. For my older child, I go mainly candy with maybe some hot wheels, activity books, maybe a puzzle. For my younger child I go lighter on the candy and tend to stick with toys and stuffed animals and books. I get the stuffed animals from Ebay and candy and small toys from the dollar stores, then fill in the rest with stuff from Wal-Mart.

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy hand-painting Easter eggs. It's something that the kids can get invovled in as well, and gives plenty of room to express your creativity. If you're adept at it you could weave a basket to hold all the eggs as well instead of buying one.

6. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I tend not to spend on Easter gifts. When I do I keep it simple and stick to chocolate eggs. I don't want to be a victim of another commericialized marketing campaign where I feel obligated to spend money on a variety of things.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't celebrate Easter, but my in-laws do. They always come round to ours heavily leaden with Easter eggs, which often go to waste. Just too much chocolate to go through. I think just an Easter egg each is enough, if you want to do gifts.
    Like Onionman, I also hate that every single holiday on the calendar has lost its original meaning, it's TOO commercial for my tastes! Even if I wanted to celebrate Easter, this side of it would put me off!