Eating Healthily After Christmas

Discussion in Food & Drink started by littlewitch66 • Dec 30, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    After Christmas I really try to change my eating habits as I often put on a few pounds with all the rich food I consume, I usually turn to fish, rice and vegetables because they are cheap and good for me.

Do you change your eating habits after the festive season?

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    No, not at all, I think that I will always lose the excess weight naturally since after the holidays I don't eat as much anyway, so I don't think I should change my eating habits.

3. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    My eating habits stay the same. For example last December, the only extra things we consumed is cake and biscuits which didn't last an hour and I doubt if that could have any effect on my health. So we just had the usual meals we always consume and that will continue this January too.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I usually gain a few pounds during the holidays but I'm not worried because I always manage to lose the excess weight with my daily walking routine. I needn't deprive myself to regain my regular weight. I think that my regular diet is fairly balanced and healthy and it's not something that I need to change drastically. I've always been a moderate eater and I don't feel guilty about diet lapses every now and then. Some friends go on a detox diet after the holidays but I'm not a fan. Our church usually holds a five-day fasting program on the first week of January but it's not something I advocate. I don't want to deprive my body unnaturally because it will likely make me sick and that can be costly.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think you should enjoy your holidays,like I do- because a few holiday days are really not going to work so much against you, as far as weight gain goes. I would keep up your workouts though,and I would go ahead and enjoy your turkey and ham, also mashed potatoes with wine and dessert- and be with your family or whoever you want to be around. I think actually stressing yourself out will lead to gaining more weight though.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The days between Christmas and new year are fish days for us which means we subsist on fish and vegetables to fight off the fats that we had gained during Christmas. However, there were lots of leftover this year that we had the leftover for 3 days and we had fish only on the 29th. And for New Year, it is the simple spaghetti and pork barbecue which cannot be considered filling.

7. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    Over the years, I have struggling to lose my weight by following proper nutritional guidelines. I have not had any problem concerning this, and therefore, I have been managing. The foods I began eating three years ago are the very foods I have been eating hitherto. I do not change any diet even during fstive season. The aim of maintaning and sticking to the specific foods is to prevent many lifestyle related illinesses such as cardiovascular diseases.