Eggies?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by melbel • Aug 17, 2012.

1. melbel

melbelNew Member

Threads:
    Eggies.

I saw this Eggies thing at CVS and I was wondering if anyone here has tried it out. I would get it if it works really well, but I'm not so sure about it if the eggs come out weird or if it's a lot of work. Does anyone know how the Eggies thing works?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    At least the commercial for them isn't as bad as the Eggstractor. That lady had pieces of egg in her hair, on her face,... I'm like, what in the hell was she doing with that egg?

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've used similar things to this over the years, and they either overcook the eggs, or they're difficult to get out. I use a large, deep non-stick frying pan to poach my eggs. I just bring the water to the boil, then crack in each egg individually, straight from the fridge, so the white doesn't spread too much. Within about 90 seconds, all the eggs are cooked to perfection. I usually do 4 at a time - any more is a bit difficult to keep track of.

4. CinnamonBear

CinnamonBearNew Member

Threads:
    If these are the ones where the egg is supposed to come out as a perfect boiled egg, then I admit that I've been tempted.

However, if these are just meant to poach eggs, then all you have to do is slip them in the boiling water.

Having said that, my favorite egg poaching item is a set of microwave poaching cups I bought in Holland. They're absolutely fabulous; it takes 30 seconds for a perfect poached egg, every time!

5. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I haven't had a really good experience with them. They seemed really hard to get out, which was frustrating to say the least.

6. catevanne

catevanneMember

Threads:
    I tried eggies and didn't like them-the eggs didn't seem to get very done in the yolk part-and I hate runny eggs....so I just threw the thing out....lock, stock and barrell.....