Engine Light Flashing

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Blossom • Aug 13, 2012.

1. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    My car has been hesitating a little over the past month or so. About a week about it became worse and yesterday the engine light started flashing. I am hoping that all I need is a tune up and not anything major. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

2. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    The first thing you need to do is take it to an auto parts store where they can read the error code that your engine is throwing. Then, look up that code against your car's make and model. That will give you a good idea of what is causing the problem.

My first thought would be that you need to have your plugs and wires changed.

3. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I ended up just putting it in the shop and it was indeed the plugs and wires. I am so glad it wasn't anything else. The way it sounded at times, made me wonder if it was the motor. That would have cost a lot more money.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Good to hear that it was just the plugs and wires! I know a lot of auto repair shops in our area will look up the error codes for free for you. When mine came on, it ended up just being low on oil. It does make you panic to see that light come on though!