Ensuring kids wash hands frquently could save you cash

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Denis Hard • Apr 26, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kids play with a lot of stuff that could contain bacteria or any other micro-organisms that might cause them to become ill. It's safer and wise, to have your kids wash their hands any time they come from their rooms, having played with their pet, or friends [not just after using the bathroom]. Clean hands will ensure you avoid unnecessary bills for medication should the kid fall sick as a result of having been infected by bacteria that clung to their hands when they were playing.

2. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I fully agree to this. The hands collect a large amount of bacteria and children are often unaware that their hands are dirty. When my kids were toddlers we started training them to properly wash their hands by taping a printed sheet of paper with picture instructions on washing hands. We placed this paper near the mirror on the washroom wall to encourage the kids to regularly wash hands. They no longer need the reminder now that they're grown but the habit has remained. They have never been hospitalized. Proper hygiene has saved us a lot of money.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I also agree but you can never always be around your kids to make sure that they actually wash their hands. The best thing to do is train them on how to be responsible with their health. Once the kids know that after playing they should wash their hands before eating, then am sure no more illnesses will be around your house. It is not that easy when it comes to kids so be sure that it will be hard work.

4. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    You are absolutely right and I fully agree. Even though my baby is still young and is unable to run or play around but I always have a wet tissue to wipe her hand, palm, and fingers if she ever touched somewhere that I consider unclean or if she was touched by strangers. If we were out somewhere I also always tell strangers not to touch my baby on her fingers because she sucks them and we never knew what they did with their hands before that.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Being clean is a way of being safe from diseases that can be gotten from simple negligence and laziness of doing simple things like washing hands. So it is a must that you always be clean and you can do it simple way like washing your hands THOROUGHLY and not just wash it to say that you have done so, very more likely in kids although this one is for all ages. Use a soap and not just water to wash your hands and your kids' hands. And adults must supervise the kids when they are washing their hands to see if they are doing it right, or you might just wash their hands if you feel dissatisfied with the way they do it for optimum safety.