Entertainment For Kids

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Sunflogun • Jun 1, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Yesterday I was in a huge park that had inflatables for kids, canoes, climbing and so on. These sort of events are more and more common where I live, what I find great because for $5 we can get a lot of entertainment for the whole day. Anyone going to these events too?

2. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    There is something similar that is happening every first Sunday of the month near me, but my king is only two so I won't be taking him just yet because kids can get pretty rowdy. I think it's grat though, because it's nice entertainment for not so high a price. Usually even museums are too expensive to take kids to nowadays, which kind of sucks because (at least in my case) I really WANT him to like museums and I'd like to take him more regularly from a young age. Oh well.

3. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    Sometimes the park by our house has summer events with food, rides, games, bouncy castles and so much more for kids but I find they charge so much money for it! I don't know to many places where I can take my kids that wont cost me at least $30-40 dollars to do stuff. When we do go to these events there is usually a splash pad there as well so I tend to push them more that way since its free :)

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds very cool. You are lucky to have such nice things in your area for such a low price. Most of the stuff that happens around here is pretty far to drive to or costs a lot (I live in a rural area). I'd love to find some fun events to take my grand baby to that are closer and more reasonable.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Here, most of those inflatables can be found in malls but I don't really trust them enough to let the kids play in them. I worry a little about the sanitation since it's a public item and lots of kids play in them, but we do know of a few spots that are less populated and there's even some that offer their playground for free because it's not their main business, and when it comes to those I'm more comfortable with letting the children play.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a public park that hosts kids shows each year, or sometimes it is more than once a year. By day, people dress up as well-known cartoon characters - characters from Frozen ad such - and there is a fairground there. It is free to get in, but the rides have to be paid for, and they are not cheap at £4 a ride per child. We have three children. Then you need money for candy floss, and lollipops. Honestly though, the kids just seemed to be happy to be out of the house. So it was worth it lol.

7. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, that's one big issue with fairgrounds, the rides are all super expensive, that is why I was fairly happy to see a theme park so to speak that we paid only $5 and that covered all the entertainments there, a real bargain as far as I see it and I wish I could see that more often.

8. dmathon

dmathonNew Member

Threads:
    I wish we had something like that near me, to get into an amusement park here is $50-70. That's not including food and excluded rides! They even charge that much for my 3 year old as they added a new toddler activity center. Even carnivals here are expensive about $15 each and it includes nothing, you have to buy separate tickets for the rides. I envy wherever you live to find such cheap, fun entertainment for your children!

9. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Now that is expensive dmathon! What park are we talking about? That is true, if I had such prices I would envy cheaper ones for sure. It was a real bargain let me tell you as most carnivals charge $3-$5 per ride, so it's not cheap either.

10. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    There's quite a bit where I live. We just went to the children's museum yesterday for my 1 year old's birthday and it was so much fun. They had a huge playroom just for babies and a ton of things for toddlers and older kids. They even had an outdoor park as well. There are a ton of parks here too that have huge fields. We like to go there and play soccer and just let them run out their energy. There's kid gyms and jumping places too we've tried out. It's fun to take them because I love seeing them have fun and I can get involved too. There's a list of free days online too for our town. They have free zoo days, museum days, etc. We have yet to check out the aquarium though but I can't wait it looks awesome. But if we're stuck indoors, we can make games up and play with the toys they already have.

11. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Museums can be fun if they are tailored for kids. At the same time there are appearing quite a few new spaces for birthday parties, so that is an improvement. Nothing like being in the nature though when the weather is good.