Exercises for the Stomach

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by May102014 • Oct 23, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Who can tell me a great move to get a flat stomach when working out? I do a lot of knee raises to my stomach as well as traditional abs crunches on the floor. However, I am looking for more alternatives to keep my stomach tight and fit. I have seen great videos on YouTube but never made the effort to include these exercises in my own routine because they seem to be modify variations of abs workouts I already do. What are some of the beneficial moves you do to keep a fit stomach?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do crunches and planks, nothing else. I focus on the quality and intensity. I like my exercises to be simple and compact. I don't want to do a lot of things, so I would rather do the hard ones, but I would only have to do in a short run. This is better, for me and it works. That's why I am not trying anything else, because it's already doing a great thing in my abs.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A flat stomach is about the food you eat. You can do all the exercises in the world to create definition, but you'll never see it until you've removed the layers of fat that cover it up. Not saying you're fat by the way lol. I'm assuming if your stomach isn't flat, you still have some diet tweaks to make. Bready foods especially.

4. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Work your stomach slowly, not fast, using light weights whilst doing abdominal workout is also a good thing to do in order to achieve a think stomach. Also, you have to do this everyday, or if not everyday, you should do this every other day, do not allow a week to pass and you have not used 3-4 days from that week to do stomach exercises, the stomach is a hard place to reel under control and so you have to be fierce with it, work it even when there's pain, that's when you know you've doing something right, no pain no gain,right?

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    The best thing you can do to attain a worthwhile stomach is squats, preferably with a barbell and jump rope. The full body squat is the best exercise in general, but will also strengthen your stomach and the jump rope is one of the most efficient cardio workouts that you can do and it will burn fat like no other. That's what you need to do. The most effective exercises for your stomach have never included direct work to the abs.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to do ab crunches with the help of an exercise equipment but getting that flat look even after hundreds of crunches really took time. Before molding your stomach into a particular shape, you must also make some effort to detoxify as a non-flat stomach is often brought about by too much gas or bloating. The traditional curl ups, they said, are more effective. There's also that Pilates workout where you roll your stomach around a Pilates ball. It helps achieve a flat look.

7. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    There are ore than 100 exercises you can do to flatten your stomach, but the most important exercises are the crunches. The more you do them, the better your stomach is.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Planks have worked exceptionally well for me. They also work fairly quickly. I have done crutches, but planks are the best hands down. There are some really great videos on YouTube showing how to do planks effectively.

9. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I like planks and twisting crunches. I do some of each every morning. I also jog two and a half to three miles a day. Sometimes more. The kicker with the jogging is that it doesn't really do much for abs; but, and this may sound silly, I find that if during that two and a half to three miles I intersperse the jogging with short periods of skipping, I notice things happening with my abs. I mean skipping like you probably did as a child--swinging your arms, sometimes varying the rhythm of the skipping (like maybe by doing cramp rolls or any other dance steps you may remember from lessons as a child) and just basically enjoying the motion. I don't see any reason why the skipping alone wouldn't work for your abs. Or combined with just walking, perhaps.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    You have to consider the muscles that are in your stomach and lower back as well. There is kind of a whole band of muscles,above your hips that wrap around your body. Also you have to know how to train these muscles, so you do not hurt your back as well-so I would check out the video below for some pointers on your abs workout and how to flatten your stomach.

11. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I ride a bicycle most of the time and has kept my tummy extraordinarily fat and hard. That is the cheapest way to loose your abdominal fat, that makes your stomach big. I don't use the gym,but do my own exercises on the road and at home. If you have the money, you can purchase an exercise roller. It is the best for flattening tummies. The first week you will feel it painful due to the overstretching of the stomach muscles beyond their elastic limit, but you will soon get used to it.

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    This one seems pretty simple. Have you tried using a hoola hoop? Moving your stomach in a circular motion can certainly burn those fats.

13. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside from the situp which is proven to be very effective in tapering the middle portion of our body, I have invented this exercise using the hand grip exerciser. This is the thing that you hold and press the spring. Use it while lying flat on the bed, face up, with the leg hanging from the bed. And with outstretched hands, press the hand grip exerciser several times. Do it in different positions of the hands. You will notice the pressure being exerted by your tummy.

14. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I have a "lazy gal" routine if you're interested. (I'll just tell you the ab part.)
    Okay, it all takes place in bed. Lazy gal sit-ups: Prop your head up on a couple pillows, legs straight out (not bent), and just keep sitting up as if you're about to grab the channel changer or something. I do about 50.
    Lazy gal leg-raises: Again, lie flat with 2 pillows behind/below your head, hold on to the bed post behind you (hands above and back)...and just keep lifting your legs up, straight, toward the ceiling. I do about 11 of these. Because even though they're lazy gal style, they still hurt. :rolleyes::D
    (But these work. My stomach is skinny.) :):)