Expectations Of Women

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Achraf • Aug 31, 2017.

1. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    why are women expected to conform to society's expectations of how they should look but yet it's so expensive to meet the demands ?

2. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure they are any more. It's entirely up to the individual how they want to present themselves. Obviously it is import if you want to create a good impression, like a job interview or maybe it's important to look well turned out at weddings and funerals but to be honest I think that these days anything goes.

I think it was more relevant in the 50/60s when it was important for the woman to look good on her husband's arm but I don't know that people care much these days . Anything seems to go. I've even seen people turn up in jeans at quite formal events and no one bats an eyelid.

3. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I am a man, I do not understand how a woman thinks, what are their expectation etc. Sometimes I feel that I live in a parallel world with them, I am saying something to a woman and she does understand something completely something else.
    If they answer NO we must deduct that no means maybe in their language. A woman is completely different thinking than we are!