Fake Shopping Websites – How To Identify Them?

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by luckycharm • Oct 23, 2016.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Scammers are getting smarter these days and they know how to play the game effectively. They create websites quite identical to renowned shopping sites. Only an experienced eye can detect these cyber criminals.

But there is a catch to identify these thieves and that is the mode of payment. They will ask you to pay through money orders, wire transfer or pre-loaded cards which are not easy to track. If you sense something like that please be cautious in your dealings. If you end up paying most probably you won’t get your products.

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    One of the ways I identify these websites is their rambling sales pitch and a tendency to exaggerate on prices and effectiveness of their products. They also seem somehow cluttered and somewhat unprofessional as the designers are in a hurry. Lastly, they go an extra mile to present proof of delivery. Before you hit that order button, your sixth sense will have alerted you. Listen to it.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am one careful person when it comes to online shopping. It is not my style to check on new websites. I actually shop only with big and established websites like Lazada or Amazon although I still have to try Amazon. When there is an item that I like which is available only in 1 site that I do not know, I ask around and check the background of the site for review. It's not a good practice to be too trusting in online shopping because scammers are almost everywhere, waiting for us to bite their bait.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Before I shop online I always make sure to go with the already popular with high reputation sites. I will make sure I am typing in the correct website address of the shopping site. I personally don't agree to paying for goods through wire transfer or money gram not just because of extra charges I understand tracking the receiver should something go awry will be herculean task.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Why settle for a dubious, nefarious online shop or store? Everyone who does it will surely at a great loss. There are lots of legit online shopping store. However, though they are reliable and trusted, anything amiss couldn't be avoided.

6. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    When you need to purchase something on Web, you for the most part scan for shabby garments, or shoddy shoes, yet that is not generally the most ideal approach to locate a trusted and genuine shopping site. Many trick sites are situated on the top pages on Google web crawler when you look for a brand name took after by "shoddy", "least expensive" or "discount".

Fake shopping sites are like whatever other genuine internet business site, with a decent HTML layout, with every one of the logos identified with installments acknowledged, for example, charge cards, paypal, and so forth and with logos identified with (fake) reliability endorsements.

Before purchase something from a site, I would prescribe to dependably check the site with our free administration URLVoid, so the site can be broke down with different examining motors to encourage the identification of malevolent and fake sites.

When you see too low costs, with rebates of half, 55% or considerably more, you ought to wind up somewhat suspicious. The site may elevate low costs to rapidly offer the fake or inexistent things, before that their site get to be distinguished as fake by security programming and administrations.

7. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    When Craftsvilla first started their ads the products looked too good to be true and the prices were just awesome.

Seeing their ads everywhere I was so lured to shop from them.

I decided to read their reviews and I was shocked to find that they were fraudsters!

I donot really know how to identify such scammers and hence stick to buying from the well known sites from which I have personal experience.