Fan of VOIP !

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by DontFan • Jun 2, 2012.

1. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    Between the high costs of the landline and the cell phone, I am a big fan of VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol). There are many examples but you probably know best Skype and Vonage. When it comes to saving money, both are just fantastic:
    * Skype allows you free computer to computer telecommunication world wide
    * Vonage, once you get their monthly plan (ours is about 25$) allows you free phone to phone telecommunication world wide for the countries you have selected.
    Now of course, it uses some of your internet bandwidth .. But the savings are really worth it. Please if you do not use these yet, check !

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I've used VOIP before and it works well if you have fast Internet. I did noticed when I was using the service I couldn't use my laptop because it would boot me off. The VOIP uses a lot of bandwidth, but it works well with making calls. I wish there was a way to use both at the same time. Maybe I just have a slow connection, but I still use it from time to time. Is there any way to cut down on the bandwidth usage?

3. Beetler76

Beetler76Member

Threads:
    I loved VOIP when I had it. I used a product called ViaTalk. It was very similar to vonage but cheaper. I would NEVER buy a landline again.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    My dad used to use VOIP a lot, he paid a monthly fee but could make international calls. Skype is great too! I bought some credit about a year ago and have called people all over the world (for support, friends, etc.). I still have some left, AND I can even use it in my mobile. Isn't it great?

5. Beetler76

Beetler76Member

Threads:
    Just another thought... Google voice offers free VOIP calling. You can actually buy a device called the OBi110. This will allow you to hook it up to your regular phone line. You can then make calls for your regular phone for free (unlimited local and long distance).

Note: the only issue is that Google may stop giving away Google Voice for free next year.

6. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    Unfortunately true, it seems Google is now for fee !

7. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    Yes, love Skype. Though in the US, you cannot use it with any wireless provider. Only Verizon I believe (and i am with AT&T) ... :(

8. mikydiky

mikydikyNew Member

Threads:
    I like enjoy VOIP because it can provide users with an extra number with little to no costs. The advantages of VOIP are transcribed messages and texting. VOIP is the best alternative source of communication because it connects to other phones with the use of the internet. Google voice is one of my favorite VOIP services because it provides free texting