Favorite face scrub?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by isabbbela • Jun 10, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My skin has been a bit rough lately, and I'm pretty sure a new face scrub will at least help out my skin look a bit smoother and better, but I don't know what scrub to buy. I have been using one by Aveeno, but I find that one too gentle. I have also tried some department store ones but I don't find they are worth the price.

In case you use and love face scrubs, could you please recommend me one or two you enjoy using?

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Juara rice facial scrub, it's a bit expensive at $30 a tube but it works well because it's a foaming scrub that exfoliates but not so aggressively that it damages the skin. In terms of more reasonably priced face scrubs I like the St. Ives. I know a lot of people say it is too harsh but I mix a little of the St. Ives apricot scrub with some Cetaphil and found that helps make it slightly gentler but still effective.

3. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    I like the St. Ives apricot blemish face scrub. I like it because it helps control blemishes and sloughs away dead skin! They have other face scrubs if you don't need one to control oil and blemishes. I think they are decently priced and last for quite awhile. I also really like the Mary Kay microderm abrasion set if you want to spend a little more. It really helps to exfoliate and clear your pores.

4. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I never bought any face scrub to be honest because I like doing it the natural way. Since from my young age I have been using water that I use to wash rice to wash my face. I can't remember who I have heard it from but I have been doing it since until today. I also don't know if it is the result but I never had pores even though I did have pimples in the past, my face skin is always smooth and not oily.

5. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Rubbing chemicals on your face, is not going to give you better skin. It's going to damage your skin. Instead of trying to hide your flaws (poor health), why not correct it? It all starts and ends with your diet, everything else is just noise.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I could be wrong but I don't think it's fair to imply that "flaws" are the result of poor health. Also, if I remember correctly as people get older their cells don't "turn over" as quickly as they used to so a little bit of exfoliation whether manual or chemical is not a bad thing. Not all exfoliants are full of chemicals, there are plenty of all natural face scrubs out there.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only ever use a sea salt scrub on my face and body. I mix the natural salt crystals with a bit of water and lemon juice, gently massage it into my face and neck until it gets slightly red. Then I wash it all away with lukewarm water and apply a towel soaked in warm olive oil to the scrubbed areas. I usually leave the towel on my face for at least 10 minutes while I lie down and have a little rest. It works really well for me, making my skin soft and glowing.

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Personally I use Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub. This is for acne prone skin but I found it useful for keeping my skin very clean and refresh. I tried Aveeno once and it irritated my skin. I don't know why but it happened. Clean & Clear is my favorite brand for skin care. I'm sure they have a scrub that isn't specifically for acne prone skin. I hope this helps!

9. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I use the apricot scrub on my face and I recently just started using a coco butter scrub on my face it makes my skin look great once cleaned. Followed by a great cleansing wash.

10. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    My favorite one is Clean and Clear deep action cream cleanser. It doesn't lather so it doesn't dry out my skin. I can't say it gets rid of acne and it has salicylic acid in it, but it doesn't market it as one that controls acne. However, it helps keep my acne at a minimum. I have very few breakouts at all when I stress or on my period. Oh, and you get a super nice tingly feeling. I have oily skin but I recommend it for all skin types because oily skin needs nourishment as well n this cleanser doesn't strip away every bit of necessary oils in your skin.

11. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I use St. Ives Apricot scrub and I sometimes use Reviva labs glycolic acid cream and toner. And I use Kojie acid Sans soap on my face for dark spots and acne. I recently had a breakout.