Favorite Retail Store Card

Discussion in Credit Cards started by Ke Gordon • Nov 6, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In general, I am not a fan of retail store credit cards as the interest rates are quite high. I do like the Pebbles preferred credit card though, as they offer so many benefits for using it. You get 10 dollars for your birthday. You get constant cash back offers, and discounts. Also, I pay my balance in full each month, so I don't get socked with finance charges. They also offer ad additional 20 percent off on TUesday if you are over 50. I say Yes to the Pebbles card. What store credit cards do you like?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I got a Longs gift card one year for Christmas and loved it! If I could choose I'd like a Walmart and CVS gift cards for presents for they have everything I would purchase. To give also is so easy to give you see them everywhere where you can give for gifts so it's relatively easy to give as gifts. Sometimes you don't have time to shop for individual gifts and gift cards are easy, fast and safe gifts to give. Your card Pebbles sounds great, but we don't have them here in Hawaii. Ross Dept. store has Senior Discount Days on Tuesdays locally though. Thanks for the tip and I'll go to the site to check it out too.

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I have a Sears credit card which collects points towards saving money on future purchases. Be careful with store credit cards. I had my purse stolen this summer and the thieves were able to change the pin on my Sears card and make cash advances off the card. They could change the pin number over the phone. After to speaking to someone at Visa they informed me that you could never change the pin so easily on a major credit card. Although I wasn't help liable for the charges it still felt like a violation when the thieves used my card so easily because they could change the pin number from a phone.

4. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I used to avoid store cards because I really prefer to just pay one credit card bill each month. That is a nice way to do it, but recently I have found a couple of cards that have pulled me back into the mix of store credit cards. The one I like the most is the Sam's Club MasterCard. I use it for one thing and one thing only. Gas. For being a Sam's member you already get 5 cents off your cost per gallon of gas that you buy at the club. But when you add the Sam's Club MasterCard, you get 5% cash back on your gas at any gas station in the US, not just Sams. But if you get it at Sam's you still get the 5 cents off too, for being a member. Kinda like double dipping! A great deal. I don't mind paying the gas on a separate card for this kind of incentive.