February 15th is the best time for chocolate lovers!

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by alc89 • Oct 7, 2012.

1. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I know that this "deal" seems a little silly, but February 15th is truly the best time for any chocolate lover. From February 1-14th, everyone goes crazy, trying to get gifts - with teddy bears and chocolates being the easiest one. Even up until February 14th, people who have forgotten about this lovey-dovey holiday stop by to try and get flowers or chocolates for their loved ones. But the day after? The day after is just another day in February! All the heart shaped boxes of chocolate and all the "Happy Valentine's Day" boxes of chocolate are on sale. And nobody wants to stock up on chocolates for next Valentine's Day - that seems a little weird for chocolate, don't you think?

What other Valentine's Day deals can you think of?

2. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely. I have been known to get up at 5 a.m. on February 15 and head off to the chocolate sales. I'm sorry but it's the best time to stock up ever. I think that's the one time of the year that you can really accuse me of gluttony, lol. But at least I share it with others as well.

Anyone can get a sale on that day, just get up early before people start picking over everything. If you don't want to go to a specialty shop, just go to your local CVS, Walgreens, or Rite Aid.

3. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes its true!! And I'm really hoping I find good deals on Hershey Kisses (in silver) because my daughter's sweet 16 is the 16th and I need them!

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love chocolate, I always got my chocolate after Christmas but I will have to remember to get some the day after Valentines Day, they will be going into the freezer.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Nice! Because it falls on a Thursday, we will be celebrating Valentine's Day this year on Friday the 15th instead. We didn't do that because of cheaper chocolate but that will be a really nice bonus! It would also be a great way to stock up on chocolate for baking purposes as well. I might have to get some solid chocolates for that and put them in the freezer for later.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I may not get a date on Valentine's Day, but I will get me some heart-shaped chocolate boxes! I hope that, with this heat, they don't melt on their way home.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The stores do mark down Valentine Day chocolate the next day. I will have to remember to stay away from the stores on February 15th since chocolate is my weakness.

8. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Yes there are certain holidays that if you love chocolate or even candy wait till the next day or a few days after to get great deals on candy. Valentines Day is definitely one of them because of the Valentine theme candy such as the heart shape boxes of chocolates that are everywhere before the holiday. Another great holiday to get great deals after the fact is Halloween, since there will be Halloween theme candy that the stores are trying to get rid of. Then of course there is also Christmas and Easter as well.

9. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    It is definitely wise to head over to the shops after Valentines Day. There is an abundance of chocolates to choose from and for the chocolate lover...that is a dream come true. So, yes, I agree...February the 15th is the best time for chocolates.

10. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I do the same thing around Halloween. I stock up on the leftovers at a discount. I've been complaining about having no chocolate in the house for a few weeks now. I was in a drug store last night, but they didn't have anything marked down yet. Now I'll have to make an extra trip today to pick up some. I also buy a few boxes of those kiddie Valentines at a discount.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always go to the store for the sales the day after a holiday and i plan on going today to get the candies and bears and things that are on sale because my kids love teddy bears and my house are candy lovers i always buy candies and things for snacks so i am taking advantage of the sales today and getting candy that i buy anyways just half off :)

12. Traveller

TravellerMember

Threads:
    I booked a table for candle light dinner and some violin music. I also gave her some flowers and chocolates. Both of us love chocolates

13. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I was able after Valentines day this year to purchase some awesome deals. I was able to stock up on my favorite candy. I was able to get a to cute ceramic glazed vase with some real looking fake roses in it to accent my dinning room. All for under $5.00!!

14. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    You can often get flowers cheap that week, too. Florists will stock up for Valentine's Day and any of the leftovers after will need to be quickly sold before they start wilting.

I think the day after Halloween is another one to look out for. It's usually a different kind of chocolate/candy, but still good!

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Stocking up on chocolate wouldn't be a good idea in my household because the chocolate would be gone in no time. When there is temptation in the house you will probably give in and eat it. Also, will the chocolate not be past its use-by date in a year?

16. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    Wow. Nice ideas. This ideas is best for all chocolate lovers.

17. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Love me some good candy deals. :)