Fidget Spinner For My 2 Year Old Nephew

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by akshaychouhan785 • Oct 12, 2017.

1. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    This simple little spinning stuff is very trendy in the toy market these days and it caught my eye too. I was thinking about gifting one to my 2 year old nephew on his Birthday. But recently when I told my friend about this he told me that it's not for kids upto 3 years age and it may be hazardous. Is this true and Should I consider buying it?

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Buy cheap in the market. There are lot of fancy and expensive ones out there. And there does seem to be waste of use once they are played. So it's better to make use of the spinner in case of the low cost are good. Find some websites where they have those chinese fidget spinners. They can be good enough for the kids. And they are not much expensive either.

3. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    Yes Akshay, your friend is right. A fidget spinner is not a toy to be gifted to a 2-year-old. It is actually meant to be used as therapy for older kids who are very hyperactive and find it difficult to sit still in one place for a long time. It is also hazardous and it might get him addicted. It is better to buy colorful cars or trucks models instead or even picture books. They would be more useful than a fidget spinner.

4. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have not read much about fidget spinner before, but have seen many kids playing it in the park. I borrowed and played for a short while, and I personally think it is not too suitable for a 2 year old kid. It might not be easy for the young kid to spin or play, he might not find it fun, unless you do it for him. Moreover, there are many small parts, so it can be dangerous for young kids too.

5. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    There have been some horrible accidents with fidget spinners so I would definitely not let a toddler have them. My granddaughter is almost 11 and although she has them I am aware that they can cause accidents. If you google it you will see what I'm talking about.

They are banned at my granddaughter's school too because the children play with them too much when they should be concentrating on their work and they are aware of the the accidents they have caused.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't gift a spinner to a toddler especially if its's specified for a certain age one must always be cautious and follow directions. I have read of people having some horrible accidents with them so I wouldnt recommend them at all especial for children. maybe you can gift him a musical and lighting toy instead meant for his own age.