Flakey skin that peels often

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by webdesignsbyapw • Oct 14, 2013.

1. webdesignsbyapw

webdesignsbyapwNew Member

Threads:
    Could anyone suggest a product for me for some home treatment that could help me with my flaky skin. I put lotion on each morning but that doesn't seem to help. It actually makes my skin worse later on. I have extremely dry skin that will appeal. Since my skin is prone to acne, I always have to put foundation on. The problem with this is that the foundation makes things worse. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

I was thinking that using some sort of oil might work but I'm not sure which one to buy.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Exfoliate. I can't tell you which products to use, because you might have to try a few before you find one that works for you specifically, but exfoliating works wonders for flakey skin. I have extremely dry skin in the winter, so it's a must. Don't use big grains of any kind.. the smaller the better (like baking soda.. the biggest I've gone is brown sugar, but that can still micro-damage the skin). And yes, I would highly recommend oils, but if the first you try doesn't succeed, keep looking.. you'll find one that works for you and it's a LOT healthier and effective than slathering chemicals all over your face. I do have one product I use about once a week that probably has every chemical known to man in it lol.. but a girl's gotta do what a girl's got to do sometimes.

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend to try all the cetaphil products because they are designed to restore your skin natural balance. To be honest I always heard this saying but never believed it until I used these products, they were first recommended by my dermatologist and they have really been working for me. I would highly highly recommend to get the gentle cleanser as well as the lotion and always put the lotion on your face after washing it with the cleanser. Do this for a month and you will see a huge difference.