Flex Seal...Does it work?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by wvboarder • Aug 21, 2014.

1. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    I was wondering about the flex seal spray that comes in a can and can supposedly fix any kind of leak. I got a can for free from a yardsale but have yet to use it. I want to give it a try on our leaky pipes under the sink but it looks like if it doesn't work it would just make a huge mess. Has anyone given it a try?

2. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    My husband uses flex seal on almost everything. It does not leave any type of mess so to really so not have to worry about that. Flex seal really does work great on everything and stops leaks. My husband even tried it on the inside of a tire, surprisingly it stopped the air from leaking out.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Can you use Flex Seal like caulk? The caulk where my bathroom sink meets the wall is starting to flake off so I need to recaulk it. I saw the Flex Seal at Walmart and thought about buying it but I don't know if you can use it in place of caulk.

4. Brian3265

Brian3265New Member

Threads:
    Doesn't work or didn't work for me. It was kind of a temporary fix. Looks like spray paint.

5. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    This has been my experience with it as well. It worked, temporarily, but it looked terrible (like chunky spray paint). The seal was there and I thought "I can make this work", but in my application on an outdoor product, the seal wasn't long flaking off in the weather. It's possibly that my application wasn't correct, as I rushed the job, but I won't be buying it again.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It'll barely work for a limited period of time before giving out completely. It's not a good product, and you could damage the surfaces you apply it to, despite what the advertisements and can might say. Flex Seal is just like most other products you see in infomercials. You're better off buying a real product that's designed specifically for your issues.

7. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    My father n law uses flex seal on just about anything that's leaky. He's not had any problems with it yet. I even remember him using it on a vehicle. It worked long enough for him to get to the auto part store to get what he needed.

8. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I think it works depending on how you use it. I don't think it would actually fix a leaky pipe though. I have used it and so far it is working, but again, not to fix an actual leaky pipe. I used it in our bathroom when I repainted the walls. There was an area next to the shower where water would sometimes collect and kind of soften the wall near the floor. I pulled off the trim, sprayed some flex seal on the wall (when it was dry!) and put down new trim. The wall seems to be much better that it was. There was almost a hole there before!

9. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    This is a fascinating concept! If only it could fix leaky pipes. I live in a 70 year-old building. I think the plumbing is about as old as the building. So, we have a lot of leaks. In exchange for paying a low rent, we get sluggish repairs (months!), so we doctor up whatever we can. Maybe it could hold a leaky pipe just long enough for the landlord to take us seriously?