Flexahose

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Treighsie • Dec 6, 2012.

1. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    My MIL is requesting this for Christmas. Right now it's BOGO, but i'd have to pay $10 extra shipping to get it here for Christmas.
    Worth it?

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used one yet. I guess it depends if you've got a purpose for using this instead of a real hose? If so, then it might be worth it. Let us know what you decide.

3. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it is worth it if that's what MIL wants for Christmas. Since she's not asking for anything outrageous, like diamonds or jewelry or anything like that, I say you're getting off cheap:D

I think I saw one of these advertised on TV the other day, and I was thinking that I am going to buy myself one of those. Isn't it that hose that is really small until it fills up with water, then it expands? Well, at any rate, it is only a hose, and a MIL asking for something practical like that is a woman who wants something that she can use.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could answer your question. I have to admit that I haven't tried this yet, and I too am curious about this item. If it does work it would certainly cut down on the amount of space needed for a garden hose.

5. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks! We ordered it, but it won't get here in time so we'll just give her a "this is on the way" kind of thing.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been looking at this expandable hose, and it looks like it is also lightweight. I have been seeing the BOGO on this, and with that, it is even pretty cheap for a hose, providing it is durable, and works as advertised. If someone actually gets one, it would be awesome to have a real report on it. If it stays on special a little bit longer, we may get one and see how it does. I have a huge yard, and several hoses, but they are really heavy, and hard for me to drag around. One that shrinks up and was easy to carry would be a great help this summer.

7. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I think I am going to bite the bullet and pick one up this weekend. Spring is here and it's time for yard work and my old hose got torn up by a wild lawnmower back in August.

I'll report back after a week or so. I've heard some rumblings that the material rips easily. We'll see.

8. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    They now have these at Walmart. There are so many As seen on TV products that I would love to try and this is one. I can't wait to see your review on it. I have seen some online and some people absolutely love theirs! It would be great to get rid of these gigantic and heavy hoses.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We had a couple of these. My folks loved them for the first two weeks that we had them. However, as many others have noted, they are not built very well and burst after a short amount of time. Sure enough ours burst as well. Great idea, but unfortunately they aren't strong enough to last.

10. Lorigh

LorighNew Member

Threads:
    I am wondering how long it is going to be before one of those backyard geniuses out there figures out how to build one of these that has all the qualities everyone likes but doesn't burst.

11. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    My SIL got one for Christmas last year and it got a hole immediately. I think they sent it back. It looks so cool on tv!