For Android Users: Brave Browser

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Beast_Titan • Jan 1, 2018.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I have a very positive experience with this browser because unlike other browsers it has a built in adblock. It is better than mobile versions of Google Chrome and Firefox. I hate encountering multiple pop ups so Brave Browser is such a life saver for me. This is a free browser too.

You can use it for watching video and downloading files. It is one of the best free apps out there at the Google Play store.

2. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I guess even UC browser provides that option. Though I don't use UC browser either. I use only chrome browser which provides good speed during surfing. Also I use Opera sometimes, because it provides good downloading option.

So far never heard about the browser you mentioned. I have to check it out. Thanks for the info, it looks interesting to me. I will check it out.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like the mobile version of Chrome because it is not meant for downloading large files. If a File being downloaded suddenly lost connection for few seconds the file will be corrupted. Chrome doesnt have the resume option which is a huge waste of data if the file gets corrupted.

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you that is why I always use Opeara for bigger downloads. Otherwise Chrome is fine for me. But as you mentioned for bigger downloads it is not that comfortable. I am using opera for computer and mobile since really long. And they are quite comfortable and good in downloads. It has feature to resume the downloads too.

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Brave browser tracks the user data. And then sells it to the advertisers. That's how their business model is going on. And that's how they block the ads. And that's how they destroy the publisher data. You can see that in such case browser such as that can be very invasive. And not worth keeping around. I'd surely avoid making use of such type of browser.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Is it? How you know about this thing?

Tracking activity and selling to advertiser without knowing is surely not good. I will not use such app which is doing without my knowledge. If I know such thing then I won't use it from starting. I have heard that many apps are doing that, but I will surely not use such app.

7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I had been using this app for long time and I had never seen an ad or spam for a long time. So I don't believe you because what I have is positive experience.

Also Google is the one who is doing that to their subscribers. I remember the case of the closeted lesbian woman who kept getting lesbian dating sites despite of no one knowing she is a lesbian and she found out she got those ads and spams from her using Google services. I never receive spams from Brave. I just use it for downloading.