For those on meters, how much water do you use a month/year?

Discussion in Water started by Hedonologist • Apr 11, 2014.

1. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently using about 3 Cubic metres of water per month, although that was over winter when I was taking more baths. For those of you on water meters, how much water are you using each month? I am living alone btw so that will reflect my low water usage.

2. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    We average about 30 cubic meters per month. We are two families in the household so I guess that would explain the high volume. I think it's the laundry that consumes a lot of the water next to washing dishes. We don't have a bath tub and we only take quick showers.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Our monthly water consumption is between 8 to 10 cubic meter and there are only three people in my household. Bill-wise, there's no advantage in reducing our consumption even more because our water provider imposes a minimum level of 10 cubic meter per month. We have never exceeded that level so we were always charged the minimum water bill. There are months when we would really go as far as store water in tanks just to make use of the water when the meter has not reached the minimum level. We have to be vigilant about meter reading dates though as they can be inconsistent or erratic. For instance, when meter reading is delayed, there's a possibility that we will exceed the minimum amount on that month while on the succeeding month, we will register a consumption of 8 cubic meter yet we would still be required to pay the minimum.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    This will vary from location to another. Years back I can remember we were just paying only about $3 a month for water. Now if I have to run a calculation on how much I pay a month for water it's going to be somewhere around $12.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am extravagant when it comes to water because I water the plants twice a day during summer. But when my wife called my attention to that, I have compromised to save on water by storing rain water in big containers. It is fortunate that we have lots of 5-gallon containers in the stock room and that’s what I use for that purpose. But with other uses of water, I am quite frugal.

6. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    The amount of water I use depends on the seasons of weather. During the dry season, when there is no rain I spend $6 dollars per month but when it's raining I spend less than $3 on water. I know this may not sound realistic but I have a huge tank which I store water. I tap rain water using gutters on the roof and store it in the tank. Sometimes I even use this water during the dry season. January is a dry month in our country but I have alot of water in my tank and I don't need much tap water.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I think we use so much water for our daily needs like bathing, cooking, washing dishes, watering the plants, and of course, washing clothes. Since we are many of us in the house, I have to check how much water we could consume for a month. I would be paying our water consumption every 15th of the month.

Last month of March, I paid more than six hundred pesos (Php600.00) that is about $12 USD. For three families, is that alright for such payment for the month? It is about 40 cubic meters we have used.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I can't really estimate the amount of water that is used in my household on a monthly basis. There is never ever and consistency relating to my charges, one month it's up, the other it goes back down. That's the norm in my are of my country. It may be surprising to many persons, but my water provider is allowed to send me estimated bills, which means that the meter may not be read that specific month and adjustment is made in another period when the meter is read

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have never calculated that because we are still paying on lump sum basis although we have been notified by our city council that water meters will be installed soon. So far we are paying a one time annual water charge equivalent to $22 for one year which I suppose is on the lower side and once the meters are installed we shall have to pay more than double this amount.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our water is included with our apt. rent, so I don't know what we exactly use in water consumption monthly. We do conserve like turning off the water while soaping up while showering, save the sink run off when cleaning dishes to give to my little aloe garden, turn off the water while brushing teeth etc., so we do try to save water even if it's included with our rent. We are lucky to have this the sewage and water is included with our rent.