Free Stuff To Do At Disney

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by H.C. Heartland • Feb 6, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    There are a bunch of free things to do at Disney. For e.g. every night there is an electrical parade followed by fire works. At certain resorts there are sing-a-longs, and animals that you can see even if you do not stay there. The one thing I recently found out about that we never did but I would love to do is at the Beach Club Resort. You do not have to be a guest to participate. There is a large movie screen right on the beach. The front desk of your resort should be able to help you with movie times. What about you? Do you have favorite free things to do? Or do you have a Disney Bucket List?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Disneyland offers plenty of "free" things after you've paid your admission. It's nice that some locations offer free activities without an admission ticket, though. I've only ever done things at Disneyland and resorts that required a ticket in the first place, but I'm glad that you've found these free activities for non-guests.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well when I went to Disney Land years ago the rides were free with the admission fee. I like this idea and wonder why some fairs don't go by the same principle. I think about the state fair in my area we not only have to pay for admission but then pay for the rides and for the food. The only things that are free there is the entertainment and the exhibits. I think that maybe state fairs should be more like Disney Land where when you pay admission even if the price is somewhat higher then it is now, rides are free along with exhibits. Either that or be like some small carnivals where admission is free then you pay for rides, games and food. I just don't see why we should have to pay for all things, but then maybe that is just me.

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I never thought I would read the sentence 'Free stuff to do at Disney' without a 'sike' at the end of it. Every Disney anything I've been to seems to have a vacuum attached to your pocketbook. I get that companies have to make money but you would think at their Land & World they would offer more than rides when you pay the ticket price. Especially if you want people who live in the area to visit on a regular basis.

5. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I have been to Disney many times and I find they offer so much for the money you spend on admission. They have parades, character meet and greets, stage shows, at the resorts they have movies under the stars beside the pool, games and crafts for the kids at the resorts during the day if they don't go to the park and so much more! I think its well worth every penny spent to go, I love it!

6. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I suppose the term 'free' was used loosely since you do pay a hefty admission fee! lol But a friend of mine is going and so I've been trying to do research on the most economical way possible to travel. It does seem that the park hoppers are better in that you get unlimited access in and out of all parks. But I'm still looking for discounts on children's meals, hotels, etc. No doubt about it though, it's an expensive place!